5 Outdoor Summer Boredom Busters

5 Outdoor Summer Boredom Busters

5 ways to get outside and get rid of the summer blues!

16
5 Outdoor Summer Boredom Busters
Precor

Summer break is something every college student has been waiting for since Christmas break. If you were like me you had a list of all the awesome things you wanted to do this summer. Also, if you're like me, you ran through that list within the first two weeks of summer (mind you, my list consisted of finishing a cross stitch and watching a few series on Netflix). I quickly decided to come up with a new list of things I could do over and over again that would get me outside.

1. Go on a hike.

I live in the mountains in Tennessee, so there is a multitude of different hikes I can do. Find yourself a trail and a buddy, put on your hiking boots, pack a picnic and get to it! It's extremely cheap, which means it obviously gets a thumbs up from broke college kids everywhere.

2. Go fishing.

Again, living in Tennessee this is a childhood staple for me that I still enjoy. This one will only cost you as much money as your equipment, and unless you manage to break your pole (it can happen) it should be a one time purchase. Don't be afraid to get wet!

3. Hang up a hammock and read a book.

This is something I love to do. I take every chance I have to hang up my Eno and read a good book, so this combines two of my favorite things. If you don't have a hammock or somewhere to put it, find yourself a lawn chair. Even if you don't want to read there's plenty to do. Take advantage of the sunshine and enjoy a little reading time.

4. Go geocaching.

This one is next on my list of things to try. If you don't know what geocaching is, it is an outdoor activity that uses GPS and your own navigational skills (mine are nonexistent so it should be an interesting experience) to find and hide different containers or items. There are tons of apps that can help you locate different caches in your area, or anywhere in the world. If you have great navigation skills, or at least a friend that does, then this one is for you!

5. Go to a Minor League Baseball game.

They don't call baseball America's past time for nothing. Even if you don't think you would like baseball, try it at least once. Some of my favorite summer memories have been made watching the Minor League team from my hometown. Many of them do great fireworks shows, have pre-game entertainment, and you may even see an up-and-coming star play.

These five things are bound to get you out of your summer boredom and can be personalized to anyone at any skill or comfort level. So get out in the great outdoors and enjoy the time off from school!