Out With The Old, In With The New

Out With The Old, In With The New

April showers, bring May flowers

10
Out With The Old, In With The New
Excelsior Charter Schools

Just like ringing in the new year, the welcoming of spring is a great reason to say out with the old and in with the new. They do say April showers, bring May flowers and that's a great mind set to have moving into Summer.

As humans, we tend to react to the environment we're living in; so when it's cold and dark during winter, so are we. But spring is the start or warm weather, constant sunshine and days that last long into the night. And that's the perfect time to do some spring cleaning, both figuratively and literally.

Cut out the negative energy the cold winter days brought. If there's something or someone in your life that's no longer productive to your happiness, get rid of it. If there's something you've been wanting to try, don't talk yourself out of it. Let the new energy of spring invigorate you to make the changes you've been wanting to make.

The most beautiful part about being human is that we're in a constant state of evolution. We never stay the same for too long. We grow and change and learn and experience and it allows us to be the very best version of ourselves. But sometimes, we get stuck in what feels like a never ending hole of negativity. And that's hard to shake off because it's really easy to be pessimistic.

But not this spring! Make this spring, this summer, this year, the year you make changes for yourself. Do what's best for you and what's going to make you happy. Find what sets your soul on fire and let it consume you. Cut out the old, welcome the new and enjoy everything life has to offer. Our time on this earth is too short to not be in love with every single day of your life.

Plus, the weather is too nice to be dreary, it's time for car dance parties with the windows down and the music loud.

I'm a firm believer that everyday is a good day to make a change. But I'm also going 100 miles an hour at any given moment, so if you're not like me, but you're looking to make a change, Spring is the perfect excuse. Shed those old winter layers and let spring shine out of your face; it's time to enjoy the new you.

Change is terrifying, but it's a necessary part of life and it can bring about really great things. It's hard to cut things out of your life - even when you know they're bad for you - because we're all creatures of habit. But getting rid of toxic energy is the best feeling in the world. It might take some time to see that, but trust me, you're better off because of it.

So let those April showers, turn you into the best, brightest May flower and say goodbye to winter. Say goodbye to the old and welcome the new with open arms. Spring has arrived!