Our Red Sea

Our Red Sea

We read stories of God moving in miraculous ways, but do we believe that He still moves?

3
Our Red Sea
Jessica Hunter
“Moses answered the people, ‘Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.’” Exodus 14: 13-14 NIV

We read grad stories in the Bible of God moving in miraculous ways. In Exodus we follow Gods redemption of His chosen people. He redeems a murderer to stand up to a pharaoh, brings plagues upon Egypt, and parts the Red Sea to free His people. This story shows Gods glory in an undeniable way. It’s obvious that God is faithful to His people yet we don’t think he still moves like this. God moved then, He is moving now, and He will move in the future.

God still hears our cries to Him and He still moves mountains for those who have faith. God is so faithful to us. He wouldn’t ask us to do the impossible if He wasn’t going to make it possible to bring glory to him. Where our abilities end His glory begins. We have to have trust in our God to deliver us and part the Red Sea in our lives. When we follow the path He has set before us even when we can’t see the way, we are living proof that our God still moves.

My deepest prayer is that we see God shake our lives. I pray that we never forget that serve a radical God that has radical plans for His people. All we have to do is place our faith in Him. All we have to do is be still and listen because our God is fighting for us.