Our Layovers Are Temporary
Religion

Our Layovers Are Temporary

When we have a layover, it is the airline's duty to get us to our destination, the same is true for the author of life.

280
Our Layovers Are Temporary
https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-in-pink-sport-shirt-sitting-on-brown-chair-beside-glass-window-36983/

I know you might be thinking what does she mean by this title? I know!!! Let's talk about "flights" for a second. I am not much of a traveler these days because my pocket is really tight, but I know a few things about booking flights. Sometimes I even look at the airfare for the places I want to visit one day ( that is a whole other story). One thing that usually capture my attention when booking a flight is that connecting flights tend to be cheaper. I am all about cheaper, but sometimes there are some ups and downs while waiting for the next flight.

Connecting flights always require passengers to take at least two different planes with two different flight numbers to reach your final destination. If you are not used to taking connecting flights, it might not be a fun time for you the first time. Remember I said "UPS AND DOWNS". The first time I had a connecting flight was last year when I was going to Kentucky. When I got to Maryland, I was going to look for my luggage even if I had two friends that already told me that I don't have to look for them because the airline company usually transfer the luggage and I would not have to look for them until I arrive to my destination. When you are not used to something, it takes time to learn at times. When we have a connecting flight, there is usually some spare time in between. At times it can be short or long, that is all depend on our destination and the airline company. During the layover time, most people eat or shop. I do both!!!

Now, let's say that our layover time get to a point where it is too long. The first thing I would do is to go ask someone what happen to my flight because I have a life waiting for me at my destination. If the plane doesn't come, the first thing that would come to mind is not asking the company if everything is going well for them, but to remind them that getting us to our next destination is their duty.

The same goes for GOD!!! Recently, I've had some layovers (trials), and I still haven't reached my next destination. As I was talking to a very good friend of mine, he reminded me that our layovers are not forever. But, we jokingly said that some layovers are just too long. The truth is that only God knows where our NEXT "REAL" destination is because He is living there, and there is no layover too big for Him.

Exodus 14:13-14 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again.The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

The same way that God delivers the Israelites from the Egyptians and took them on a journey to the promise land, the same go for us today. Their layover was in the desert, our layover might be in a different desert today. But, we have to trust in Him, and know that He always has a plan. He is also the only one holding the clock of our lives. So, we can have a certain time scheduled to get to our next destination, but His layover might be longer than what we anticipated.

Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

The question I asked myself was, "if I can trust the airline companies which are being led by humans to get me to my destination if their plane have a problem, if I can trust the airline companies to give me somewhere to spend the night free of charge if their plane do not show up, HOW MUCH MORE SHOULD I TRUST MY GOD WHEN LIFE LAYOVERS COME MY WAY?"

Psalm 73:28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.

Friends, I want you you to remember that for as long as we are living in this flesh we will have many layovers not to say continuous. But, let us get as near to God as possible when life layovers come our way. He is the only true refuge, and only in Him we can find the comfort that we crave.

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Xoxo,

DD

Inspired by a conversation with Gio