4 Instagrams To Follow If You're Hungry For New Orleans

These NOLA foodstagrams get me through the day.

78

Deciding to make a food Instagram was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Naturally, I love anything and everything to do with food. So taking pictures of my meals and sharing them was something right up my alley. I love that I can flip through my Instagram at any given time and be reminded of my favorite meals from home. When my own @tookanotherbite isn't doing the trick, these are a few of my favorite NOLA foodstagrams that get me through the day.

1. @NOLAKITCHEN

Owners of @nolakitchen are college students that are happy to have their foodstagram because it connects them with each other and with home. "When we try a new restaurant or even just a new dish, we feel like we've discovered a new part of the city" -@nolakitchen. Proud New Orleans natives, they love to brag about NOLA and show the world the best food in their favorite city. I asked them what their favorite food was from New Orleans and they told me: "Anything, as long as it's seafood. We're always down for a crawfish boil and we REALLY love oysters!" -@nolakitchen.

2. @NOLANOMS

Before "finstas" were popular @nolanoms started as a silly instagram posting rare and few random pictures. Owner of @nolanoms took over her friend's joke account because it had the perfect name. "I really love having my food Instagram because I believe food is a big part of New Orleans and it brings people together" - @nolanoms. Their favorite picture is this bagel because it was the first of their pictures to get over a 100 likes. It motivated them to take better pictures and invest more energy into the account. @nolanoms hopes to inspire other people to experience the delicious food discoverable in New Orleans.

3. @NOLA_FOODSTAGRAM

@nola_foodstagram loves sharing pictures of delicious food and giving people ideas on new places to eat. Their bio reads: "every{food} in New Orleans is a good idea". Take a look at their pictures and I promise you'll get some good ideas. Their favorite thing to eat in New Orleans is any New Orleans-style brunch, or good Vietnamese pho.

4. @EVIE_EATS

After studying abroad in Italy, @evie_eats was inspired by the growing popularity of food accounts like @foodintheair and decided to make her own. "I've always taken pictures of my food, it's always been a fun way my family communicates" - @evie_eats. Nowadays she says her account is about what she eats, what she cooks, and what she wants to eat. One of the reasons why @evie_eats enjoys the art of foodstagramming is because she likes to look back at her old posts. She also likes to find and share restaurant recommendations through her travels. "It's really cool to see where it's taken me" -@evie_eats. When I asked her what her favorite food from New Orleans was, she said: "Hands down, red beans and rice... or my mother's roast beef poboys that she makes during Mardi Gras". Sounds delicious if you ask me.