Parenting Guide: Natural and Organic Alternatives to Breastfeeding
Family Friends

21

The moment you become a mother is one of the utmost blessings in life. You carry your child in your womb for nine whole months and there is nothing on earth that beats the joy of holding them in your arms as they come into this world. You have their whole life crafted in your mind... and you feel like you want to give them the best of everything.

But then you face the very first milestone during your motherhood: your baby's nutrition. There is no doubt that the mother's milk is the best option there is, but what if you can't? You shouldn't feel guilty about it. There are many other natural and organic alternatives to breastfeeding that will work just fine. You only have to understand your child's needs and how to provide it in the best alternative way.

Natural and Organic Alternatives to Breastfeeding

The mother's milk contains all of what the newborn needs: protein, lactose, and fats. It also contains the right amount of iron, vitamins with the exception of vitamin D), and minerals. When searching for alternative ways to feed your baby, you must make sure that the formula doesn't come short on the essential nutrition your newborn needs to grow up strong and healthy.

Here are some of the best natural and organic alternatives you can choose from to feed your newborn:

Donated Breast Milk

As it is still considered mother's milk, feeding your baby donated breast milk comes very close to breastfeeding them yourself. Before donating her breast milk, the donor mother must first go screening processes to roll away any diseases and lifestyle factors that might affect the quality of the milk. When the process is finalized, the donors' milk is pasteurized and frozen until needed.

Formula Feeding

When it comes to formula feeding, you might be a little too skeptical about all of the additives and chemicals added to the formula. A newborn's digestive system is also immature during the first year, which makes colic, constipation, and wind very common occurrences. That's why, when choosing a formula for your newborn, it's best to opt for the hipp organic formula, which supplements your child with probiotics, minerals, and omega fatty acids without any additives or chemical. The formula is processed in such a way that it fulfills your child's needs while easing down on their digestive tract to relieve them of digestive issues. Make sure to choose the formula according to your child's age, as different ages have different nutritional requirements.

Goat milk

Being very close to the mother's milk composition, goat milk is another option for feeding your baby. However, goat milk lacks some of the essential nutrients, such as folic acid and vitamin B 12. Before choosing goat milk, you should consult with your physician about the extra supplements you need to add to the formula.

Whole cow's milk

Whole cow's milk is only recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics for children above 1 year of age. It's very rich in essential nutrients such as calcium, protein, and vitamins A and D. At that age, your child should be eating other food too, so the whole cow's milk will be a good substitute to formula feeding.

Hemp Milk

Hemp Milk includes almost all of the nutritional value the whole cow's milk contains, at slightly lower levels. It contains all of the minerals, protein, fats, and supplements your toddler needs, making it one of the top choices for feeding your toddler. It should be combined with proper nutrition from whole food to make sure your child is getting an adequate level of the nutrition they need.

Motherhood is no easy career, and choosing the best option for your child is never easy either. If you can't breastfeed your child or chose not to, there are many options available in the market to help you provide the same level of care your child needs to grow healthy and strong. Before choosing any kind of formula, it's always in the best interest of your child to consult with your doctor. Your doctor should be able to specify the nutritional needs of your newborn, and all the way as they grow up, and offer you the best alternative that suits their needs.