The Beaches Of Orange County, CA

The Beaches Of Orange County, CA

Being a popular traveling spot, Orange County has many beaches to choose from.

6
The Beaches Of Orange County, CA
Clara Linhoff

Orange County, California, has been my home my entire life. Having many beaches, Disneyland, restaurants and nice weather, it is a popular vacation spot in California, especially during the summer. Due to the many different choices of beaches, many tourists find it difficult to decide where to go, when, and what it will be like. The following is my opinion on the different beaches and the vibes that are attached to them.

Huntington Beach is a popular hangout for older teenagers and single adults. Holding the popular surf and skateboard competition, the U.S. Open, each year, the beach is constantly full of young adults, especially in the summer. The main area is by the pier, where there are many restaurants, cafes and stores.

The main part of Newport Beach is family-friendly and is giant. With the many houses (small, not grand) along the water, you will find many families walk on the boardwalk, rent bicycles and hang out on this beach. There are plenty of volleyball courts and the pier is a popular fishing station. However, the amount of restaurants within what is considered Newport Beach is more limited. Nearby beaches that are still considered to be part of Newport have more options.

Balboa Island Peninsula, which is attached to Newport, is extremely family-friendly. With many restaurants on main street, including the original Ruby’s Diner, the Peninsula was made famous for being homes to celebrities in the '30s and '40s. It is a very cute island to see and is worthy of visiting while in Orange County. You are also able to take the ferry across with your children to spend an afternoon at the “Fun Zone,” a mini amusement park on the water. Make sure you get a frozen banana or Balboa bar while enjoying the day!

Corona Del Mar is a small beach on the way towards Laguna, and is also considered part of Newport. With a cute downtown area, the beach is often crowded with families. The houses along the water are huge and sit up above on the hills.

If you are willing to make the drive, the small, more private beach known as “Crystal Cove” would be a great getaway to rent a house in. The houses are right on the beach, the beach is private, there is a wonderful restaurant right on the water known as the “Beach Comber,” and above is the famous “Shake Shack.” Nearby is the Crystal Cove Park, which has hiking paths and allows camping for families. Crystal Cove can be found on the way towards Laguna.

If you are looking for more of a Hawaiian Beach vibe while in California, Laguna is your place. With a fantastic beach town and many houses, Laguna Beach is a very nice setting. Family-friendly, although a little more upscale, the beaches are tucked away in neighborhoods of amazing homes, with even better views. Laguna is home to many restaurants, shops and palm trees. It truly is paradise.

Every beach mentioned is fantastic. It just depends what you are looking for. Are you a younger person looking to have some fun and meet new people? Huntington is your spot. Wanting to get away? Crystal Cove and Laguna can relax you. With a big group of family and friends? Newport is big enough for all of you. Enjoy!