10 Things We Would See In An Oprah Presidency

Imagine a First-Woman President as influential as her.

254
Lawrence Jackson // Official White House Photo

There has been a lot of speculation on whether Oprah Winfrey is running for president in 2020. She hasn’t commented yet on if the rumors are true, but that hasn’t stopped the media from having a heyday, both tearing her apart and building her up.

One thing that I have yet to see on the media outlets is just what an Oprah presidency could look like. That hasn’t stopped me from speculating a little myself. In fact, I’ve constructed a list of things that would come with Oprah as Commander in Chief.

1. Gayle would be her running mate.

Since they have been a pair as long as Oprah has been a household name, there would be no one better for the job. Imagine all of the adventures they would take with Air Force One!

2. Josh Peck would be her Chief of Staff.

No doubt Oprah would need a super fan to support her plans, as well as keep her level-headed when her ideas seem too far out of reach.

3. She would support struggling students left and right.

“You get tuition, and you get tuition! Everybody gets tuition!”

4. Her Secretary of the Treasury would have to be Suze Orman.

She was a regular on The Oprah Winfrey Show before she created her own financial expertise empire and has inspired many with her realistic financial advice.

5. Her Book Club would likely be even more influential.

It always has been, but, like Obama’s, this list would be one to influence young politicians and presidential hopefuls across the United States.

6. Her Favorite Things would be tax cuts.

Imagine her announcing that if you qualified, you would be one of the lucky ones to get a break from taxes on certain items!

7. She would highlight up-and-coming individuals, especially those as an inspiration to many.

Her show segment of “What’s The Buzz?” would work in her presidency to help shed light on people who would likely inspire those around them in the nearfuture.

8. She would help grant the dreams of many wishing individuals.

Oprah has granted the wildest of dreams of viewers of her show. Imagine what she could do as President.

9. She would lead a congressional movement to create laws regarding distracted driving.

As she has spearheaded the “No Phone Zone” before, she could spearhead it straight into federal law as Commander in Chief.

10. She would be the first woman president!

Imagine a force like her in the Oval Office. There would have to be a significant shift in the country with her in charge.

Maybe an Oprah presidency would have its flaws, but she is certainly a powerful woman who is inspiring women of all ages as she has done for decades now.