An Open Letter To My Dad

An Open Letter To My Dad

Lately, life hasn’t been easy, but you’ve still managed to make it easier for all of us.

7
Hannah Robertson

To the strongest dad out there,

You’ve been through all too much lately. You don’t show it. I don’t think I have ever heard you complain in my life. You’ve always been a quiet fighter, one of the strongest men I’ve ever known. You know this particular truth—that there is One who fights for you; who takes your battles and makes you new.

Honestly, you have taught me more about perseverance and joy than you realize. You embody those characteristics in a way that I admire and strive for. You are strong, yet gentle-hearted. You are incredibly wise; everything you say is thought-through and significant. I love these things about you.

I am sorry for the losses you’ve seen and the many transitions you’ve faced this year. I know it hasn’t been easy. Yet, you always find ways to make life so much easier and happier for your family. You share in our pains, always bring light and joy, and take care of us so well.

Thank you for being a father, a friend. Thank you for being an incredibly godly example, always seeking Christ in decision-making and crazy amounts of change. Thank you for reminding me that life is good and He is good.

We love you.

Love always,

Your daughter, who is incredibly fond of you.