An Open Prayer For Missionaries Around The World

We are called for such a time as this.
252

Just yesterday, I said goodbye to my sisters and my church's youth mission team as they began their nine day trip to Nicuragua for 1Nation 1Day under MissionsMe. I am so incredibly excited for the team and all the wonderful things God has in store for them. However, even though all the fundraising and pre-trip details are done, the job isn't over yet. It is in times like these, when God sends his people out, that the devil attacks the most and hardest, and as a body of believers it is so important to continue to pray. This is my prayer for my church's team, all the other teams in Nicaragua, and for missionaries around the world everyday. In the Bible, it says "For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am in their midst." (Matthew 18:20), so I welcome you to pray this prayer with me for our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Father God,

We come to you in awe and wonder of your glory and strength. You are such a good and gracious father, and we praise you for that. Thank you for being who you say you are, and for your unending love upon us.

Right now we ask a special blessing upon the missionaries that you have called into the mission field. Father, we pray for protection over their hearts, minds, and souls. We pray that you keep them from any harm that the devil will try to throw at them. That you give them your spirit of strength and discernment to fulfill the mission you have called them to. Keep them in you father, and remind them that you are always with them even in the darkest of times.

We pray for their health, and that you keep them physically, mentally, and emotional strong. That there would be no injuries or fatal accidents, and that if there were that you would work through the situation according to your will. Even though the devil tries to trip us up, we cling to your promise that all things will work together for good. Father, keep them healthy so that they may be able to do your will to the best of their abilities.

We also pray for the hearts and minds of the people they will encounter. We thank you for the work that you have already been doing, and pray that you continue to do so. Give them understanding and acceptance for the work that will be going on around and in them. That they will be able to recognize your people as a light of hope. Let the interactions that will occur be peaceful and fruitful. Let the people be drawn to you, and let them become a light for you in their family and community. Plant seeds father among the people and let it grow fruitfully in you.

Thank you God for sending and using missionaries to spread the gospel. We pray that all of their works will bring glory to you, for your kingdom. We pray that the missionaries you have called will not forget that it is you God who makes all things possible. It is easy to forget that when we are in the midst of things. So, we pray that you continue to remind them that it is you who is the God of miracles and not us.

We pray for continual encouragement throughout the mission until you call them home. And when that time comes we pray that you bring them home safeltly.

Thank you again for loving each and everyone of us, even though we don't deserve it. And we thank you and prasie you for being who you are: our great father. We love you and praise.

In your name we pray,

Amen.