Open Letter To The Graduating College Student

We're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time. It's miserable and magical!

154
Jessica Stamey

It's been a long four years to get to this pivotal moment in my life. I'm graduating college in May.

There have been many days and nights where I have studied all day, cried, and pushed myself to my limit. I have failed and I have succeeded. Every single failed test, bad day, criticism, and almost getting run over by a bicycle, have been worth earning the opportunity to walk across that stage to say, "I did it."

College is hard and don't let anybody tell you it's not. You learn things about yourself, you grow, you heal, and you will finish on your own time.

You'll meet new friends, people you don't like, and find mentors to help you along your way.

At first you won't know what you're doing, but honestly none of us do. It's a hard transition but it makes you grow up.

Actually, college is like a Taylor Swift song. We're all happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way... it's miserable and magical ✨

But in all seriousness, when you graduate you should be so proud of yourself. Everything you overcame to get to this moment, every sleepless night, and every fond memory is all worth it.

Congratulations, we did it!