A Letter To My Little Sister

A Letter To My Little Sister

"There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sister than you."

14435

Dear Little Sis,

If I could speak for most older siblings, I'd have to say we take growing up with our younger counterparts for granted. As I've grown older and matured, I know the true value of having a little sibling. So, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate and love my little sister.

Thank you for being a part of my childhood.

I guess this thank you goes out in my part to my parents because you really didn't have a choice being my little sister, but it certainly wouldn't have been the same without you. From 2+ person board games to the sketchy blue tree house in our backyard, there are so many adventures I would have missed out on without you in my life. We were fearless and the memories we made together are timeless. Thank you for being my go to play mate and teaching me the art of good sportsmanship.

Thank you for loving me anyways.

I guess at times the title of older sister goes along with the title of bully. Thank you for all the times you let me pick on you and even though you hated me in the moment, you truly still love me anyways. Being "bigger" and "better" certainly didn't last long with your height, so thank you for not taking revenge now that you're the bigger sister. I know how many indian rug burns and deathly hand squeezes during the silent part of church I deserve, but I also know how you've forgiven me and love me too much to make me suffer in any way.

Thank you for being my best friend.

I can't imagine my life without you in it and our relationship is indescribable. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, for being my best friend. You are truly my other half and I can't thank you enough for always being there for me. From weekly random shopping trips to our love for ice cream, we do it all. We laugh until we're in tears and cry until we're laughing. You have always supported me and I will never stop supporting you. I can't imagine awkward family parties and crazy family vacations without you there, and when we're together, we know how to have fun.

Thank you for always being there for me.

You have been my day one supporter and I can't thank you enough. Thank you for sitting through my boring concerts, mediocre school musicals, listening to me sing all hours of the day and never complaining once, hearing me rant even if you didn't get it, and blasting awful throwback music in the car with me. You have always been there for me and have never complained about it. I promise to support you through whatever life may throw at you and help you get through it all. Just know that with me as your sister, you are never alone.

Thank you for being MY role model.

You never fail to demonstrate your maturity and continue to make me proud. You inspire me more everyday and your personality and compassion for others teaches me how to be a better person. You have always been my balance and I can see the difference in my life when we're not together. You have grown up from a chubby little girl with crazy curly hair to a beautiful, tall young women with the most beautiful curls. You are one of the strongest people I know and your life is truly inspirational. Thank you for making me proud to call you my little sister.

Never ever stop being yourself.

I love you for who you are and couldn't imagine a life without YOU. Growing up can be tough, but you have handled it all. Never change who you are because of what someone says or an insecurity. If anyone knows you like I do, they know how much of an amazing person you are and how much they deserve to have you in their life. Let your confidence shine and never be anyone but yourself.

I can't say it enough but thank you. Without you in my life, half of me is gone. Thank you for 16 years of love and an indescribable friendship. I love all the memories we have made and I can't wait for all the memories yet to come. But most of all,

Thank you for letting me be your big sister.

I hope I can give to you, all you have given to me as a sister.

Love you always,

Your big sister