An Open Letter To The Class Of 2017

An Open Letter To The Class Of 2017

Nothing lasts forever.

17
An Open Letter To The Class Of 2017
Me

Dear 2017 Seniors,

You have probably heard a lot about what senior year is like from recent graduates and maybe even parents. No matter what anyone has told you, not much of anything can prepare you for the emotional rollercoaster that is your last year of high school, whether you love or hate it.

The most common thing you will be told is that it goes by fast. You probably won't realize it until you wake up on graduation day. You will feel like graduation can't get there fast enough but once you are there it won't feel real.

Cherish your friends, not all of you will attend college or even the same college. After graduation you may never see or speak to many of your classmates ever again. You never know when exactly will be the last time you hang out with each of them or all together as a big group before you all go your separate ways.

From one athlete to the next, don't take your sports for granted. No matter how much you hate the practices or even love the practices, they will be the last time you get to be a high school athlete. Every game or meet give a 110% because it is your last time to do so with the people you have played beside for 4 or more years. Leave everything you have out there and enjoy every second of it, because there is no next year this time around.

Enjoy it, hang out with your friends, go to the football and basketball games, have fun. I promise that English paper isn't as bad as it seems and neither is that math homework; you can conquer all of it. Just remember to enjoy everything for what it is and the people you have by your side.

Love,

The 2016 Grad