An Open Letter To The People Who Don't Say Thank You

You're welcome?

35268

Dear People Who Don't say Thank You,

I have come across too many people like you recently. You know, the kind of people who refuse to thank others for kind gestures. Just two days ago, I paid for a girl's sandwich because she did not have enough money. Did she say thank you? No. Was I upset? Yes.

First of all, I know that your parents raised you better. And even if they didn't, saying thank you is a courtesy that one can learn. Secondly, why don't you thank others? Are you too entitled to say thank you? Are you too lazy to say thank you? Honestly, what is it?

Just in case someone hasn't informed you already, I am writing this to let you know that not saying thank you is rude, unacceptable, and extremely irritating. Not saying thank you shows a lack of compassion and appreciation for the people around you. I've noticed that you don't respect the people who are providing you with their services, the people who are going out of their way to help you, the people who are being kind towards you.

Below are examples of instances when you should thank others. Also included are the reactions when you refuse to say thank you:

1. When someone holds the door open for you.

2. When someone says "Bless You" after you sneeze and you refuse to say thank you.

3. When someone lets you into your lane and you do not acknowledge them.

4. When someone offers you a compliment and you never say thank you.

5. When someone gets you a present and you do not say thank you.

6. When you do not thank the waiter or the waitress or the cashier or the teacher or the bus driver.

7. When you simply refuse to acknowledge/thank someone for his or her kind gesture.

So, if you're not saying thank you...you might want to start.

Sincerely,

A Really Annoyed Individual