An Open Letter To The Man Who Stole My Heart First, My Dad
popular

I believe a hero cape actually looks like a worn-out Redskins T-Shirt.

2324
Georgia Michael

Dear Dad,

I have always struggled with realizing who I am and the type of person I need in my life. Growing up, you always helped me and pushed me to be the best version of myself. You said "don't quit that job, you will regret it." I would quit the job anyways and regret it every time. No matter what, you have always been there. You are the light that shines as I walk on my path of dreams and success.

You have always been SO good to Mom and us kids. You showed me what kind of man a family needs and what type of a man a woman needs. Families need a hero. I'm thinking that all these years a hero cape has actually looked like a worn-out Redskins T-Shirt.

You will always be the "cool Dad". You are the Dad who lets us make our own decisions and helps us learn from our mistakes. My knowledge of EVERYTHING has come from that. I could not be more grateful.

Thanks for always being our Handyman! That tool bag that you keep in your truck might actually come in handy some day.

You always just know the right thing to say. You know when I am feeling down and attempt to cheer me back up every time. Even if it is an emoji that you randomly send me while I am away at school or you harassing me to play you in pool on the phone.

Never regret anything that you have done for this family, because I think we all turned out pretty great because of you.

P.S. Never retire the Redskins T-Shirts or the Plaid Cutoff shirts, they are pretty rockin.