Open Letter To The Girl Who Is Everything For Everyone

You give, give, and give but when you need them no one is there... and that hurts

24
VSCO

I know what you’re thinking, how could you spend so long letting everyone make you their second option. Why did you have to be taking through so much? Why were you not someone’s first choice? However, I am here to tell you that yes it hurts, but it’s time to say thank you to those people. I am writing this for all of us… I am writing this for the ones who can’t bring themselves to let go om their own.

Somewhere during our lives, we stopped putting ourselves first. We stopped during what was best for us and put our needs last. We spent so much of our lives not feeling loved and appreciated so we made sure to never make anyone in our lives feel like that even if we do. We sacrificed everything and what did we get in return? We got heartbreak, pain, loneliness, and everything in return. However, we never regretted loving others or making sure they feel wanted. We only regretted that we put ourselves last so long that we don’t recognized ourselves anymore. We regret not knowing that we deserved so much better all those many years ago. We regret not saying enough is enough.

I know what it’s like, walking around like you’re not hurting, but inside you’re drowning in your own emotions. When everything in your world seems to be falling part and no one is there for you like you are for them. However, what I have learned is that you don’t need them. You must be what you need to be for yourself. You must get on your knees and pray to God to give you the strength to know that you’re enough and that you’re not alone! You must pick yourself up and be secure in your identity in Christ so that you know you are not by yourself.

It is so easy to feel isolated, rejected, and unloved when it seems like everyone has the perfect friends, they hang out all the time, and even they talk all the time and we can barely get anyone to hang out with us when we ask them… I am not going to lie, that hurts. It hurts bad to feel not wanted.