An Open Letter To My Sister

An Open Letter To My Sister

There is no better friend than a sister, and there is no better sister than you!

252
An Open Letter To My Sister
ew.com

Dearly beloved sister,

Where should I even begin?

You are an amazing person, and so much more. You are a hard worker, and a free spirit, and that is very admirable. You told me to not end up like you, but I strive to be like you. You’re happy! You work hard, you lead a life full of positivity, you always say what you mean, whether people like it or not, and you are fully, unapologetically yourself. That is something to be proud of! You work at a restaurant, and while it is not the ideal adult job, it seems like a good job to me! It is simple, and leaves you with lots of memories with customers and co-workers. You see the best and worst in strangers, day in and day out, and you somehow manage to put up with it.

You lead a carefree life. You love and care deeply. You stand up for what you believe is right, and you comment on topics that you believe are not right. You make sure I am okay, and I go to you for advice and venting because I know you will be there to listen. You have been there for me through all the rough and tough times, and been a shoulder to cry on. You were there to pick me up, clean me off, and help me heal, physically and emotionally. You have helped mold me to be the confident person that I am now.

But you are busy. You work six days a week, sometimes seven, and that leaves you little time left with me. You were my first best friend, and now I hardly see you. I know you have your own life, and your own friends and family, but I miss how it was before everything changed. I miss having Starbucks dates, or going shopping, and eating Chinese food in the food court. I miss talking to you about all the silly things that go on in my daily life, and you telling me stories about your fond teenage years. I miss you.

I miss your smile, your contagious laugh, and your witty sarcasm. I miss those deep talks we used to have about life and struggling, and those moments where you showed that you weren’t going to let anybody mess with our family. I miss Phillies games, and getting our nails done. I miss it all.

But I will forever hold onto the memories we have shared. The restaurants we have eaten at, the baseball games we have gone to, the laughter we have shared over some silly joke. I will remember your sweet 16 party where you and your friends made me feel like one of you, and I will remember hog-tying Luke. I will remember it all because it is those moments with you that make me smile on a rough day, and it is those future moments that give me something to look forward too.

Sincerely, Your Little Sister

P.S. I love and miss you more than words can describe!