An Open Letter To My New Friend

An Open Letter To My New Friend

Welcome to my life.

9944
An Open Letter To My New Friend
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/06/05/636322272097262130-1348112187_18422391_10206755033113510_3003158293711017333_o.jpg

Dear new friend,

To all my "old" friends, don't let the title fool you, because no, you have not been replaced. I just found a "new" friend that I want to share with the world.

There is something a tad bit wild about meeting another person. It's a new beginning. When another person strolls into your life, you can present yourself whichever way you see fit. No, I don't mean lie about your name. I mean you get to pick and choose what you want to tell this person. No matter the reason you're meeting, you have the ability to change each other's world, and create something new that just started.

The way that you are able to pick up on all of my facial expressions and all of my little quirks so quickly makes me feel so loved. I can simply depend on you to comprehend what's up, and possibly say it when I don't exactly have the words yet. I can't even imagine where I would be without you today. It's safe to state you have improved me and for that, I'll never have the capacity to reimburse you.

We met four months ago, and my life changed for the better. Remember on the first day we met, you came to visit our small group from church. We were sitting right beside each other on the couch alongside with some other girls, and were the only ones to laugh and have opinions during dead silence. That's when I should have known this was a start to a Christ centered friendship. However, it took me until just now just to realize how great of a friend and sister in Christ you really are. It took until just now for that to come out, that I thought I liked you way more than you liked me, and vice versa.

I don't nearly take enough time to tell you how much you are appreciated, so I thought I should just share it all at once, however just know that the list could go on for miles. The way you carry yourself is unlike anyone I've been around before, and I admire you for that. You have such a great sense of humor, every time I'm around you there isn't a time you aren't laughing or smiling. You have such a positive vibe that is just magnificent and unheard of. Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on during hard times of my life... and sometimes anxiety attacks, I know that's not easy to deal with. Thank you for being the one who loves happy hour at Sonic and mozzarella sticks just as much as I do. Thank you for always laughing uncontrollably, no matter how sassy I am feeling. Thank you for accepting me for who I am and not who I was. Thank you for always being there for anything I need. Last but not least, thank you for liking me as much as I like you.

I am so honored to have met someone like you. In spite of the fact that it has just been four months, I need to thank you for strolling into my life like you were there from the start.