To those still in high school, here's my advice to you. I know people always claim that the four years go by so quick. I'm here to verify how incredibly true that is — you have to embrace your high school moments before they're gone.
1. The drama isn't worth it
I can promise you, the drama never lasts. You won't remember half of the gossip, arguments, or drama a few years down the line. Remember that these issues never last forever so just do your best to keep moving forward. Don't let other people's opinion on you affect how you see yourself.
2. It is never too late to do what makes you happy
When you're deciding on your future plans, it is never too late to switch your interests. Even more important- explore all of your options. Never limit yourself.
3. Don't hesitate to make new friends
Branching out is a very important part of finding who you are. Even if you're shy, try to put yourself out there. Surround yourself with people you want to be around.
4. There's nothing wrong with being single
I don't know your situation, but most of the time if you're not being treated the way you deserve, you need to be by yourself. High school isn't the time to find your true love. (But if you do, good for you!)
5. Be yourself
I know sometimes it's hard to be your true self when you're constantly seeing the image of someone else. But, your true friends and loved ones will love and support you no matter what.
6. Be safe
I know you think you're invincible, but DRIVE SAFELY. Be careful who and what you surround yourself with.
7. Don't make forever decisions based on temporary feelings
It's so easy to get caught up in the way you feel. But, it's even easier to change your life forever if you don't focus on what is right for you and your future.
8. Remember you aren't alone
There is always someone there to listen to you rant and help you through the issues you face. Don't isolate yourself when you're feeling overwhelmed.
9. Remember to make the most of the moment
Go to as many school functions as you can because these memories don't repeat themselves.
10. Things aren't always easy
Friendships end, you fail a test, you undergo so much stress, you study for hours on end, you go through personal issues. There will be times you feel defeated and that's okay. Just remember everything happens for a reason and things will eventually work themselves out.
11. Don't blink
Before you know it, you're going your separate ways from the friends you've known forever. You have to say, "see ya later" to your family. These four years will be incredibly busy, but you need to embrace and enjoy these moments because they fly by.
- Advice For High Schoolers From College Freshman | The College ... ›
- What's the best advice that you could give to a high school student ... ›
- 33 Things High School Seniors Wish They Knew As Freshmen ... ›
- 10 Things for High-School Students to Remember | LiveCareer ›
- 10 high school tips for your teen from recent grads ›