To The Girl Who Will Love Him After Me

To The Girl Who Will Love Him After Me

36
To The Girl Who Will Love Him After Me

We never want to picture someone we love being loved by someone else, but let's face it: it's bound to happen.

Things between him and I didn't work out for a reason, so now it's your turn. It's your turn to let him open up to you. It's your turn to see how amazing he is. It's your turn to learn to love his family the way I do. It's your turn to love him now.

Loving him will not be easy by any means, but I assure you it's all worth it. He's going to tell you that you deserve to love and be loved by someone better, that loving him is a God awful decision, that he can't be loved. Reassure him that he is what you want and you will love him with everything in you. He needs that more than he'll ever care to admit.

When he starts to shut you out, which is only a matter of time, tell him you want him to allow you to be there for him. Tell him he can trust you. Prove to him that he can. He has such a hard time trusting people, so don't ever blame yourself for the doing of others.

When you meet his family, don't be scared. They're a lot to take in, but I promise once you get to know them, you'll be wishing they were yours. They'll love you like their own, support your every decision, and have your back through everything. His sister is shy and doesn't talk much so it may seem like she hates you, but once she gets to know you, she'll love you like the sister she never had. His mom is so selfless and thoughtful. She'll always be on your side (even if you're the one in the wrong). His stepdad is one of the funniest people you'll ever meet. He'll always be there to crack jokes, especially about stepson.

When he comes home after a long day of work, class, whatever, and is in one of the worst moods you've ever seen, just listen to him. Once he gets some food and watches a little Sports Center, he'll be in a better mood. Also, don't forget to get a can of pineapple juice out for him for after he eats. It's his favorite.

When he starts to fall asleep and is snoring right in your ear and all you want to do is wake him up to tell him to stop snoring, don't. Know that there is no other place he would rather be than right where he is in that very moment. You get used to the snoring after awhile and it's like he doesn't even do it. If it gets too bad, tell him to roll over onto his side. He'll either stop snoring or it'll get quieter.

When he wakes up in the mornings, don't start talking right away. He's not a morning person at all. After he sits up and has some coffee, he'll be awake and you can do all the talking you want. He'll probably crawl back in bed with you while procrastinating getting ready for work, class, whatever he has going on that day.

When birthdays/holidays/anniversaries roll around, don't spend tons of money on gifts for him. He'll be very appreciative of whatever you get him, but he would also be thankful for a kiss and a card. He's awful about remembering dates, so don't be upset if he forgets a significant date.

He's not an arguer, but he will stand his ground. He'll tell you exactly how he feels when he feels it. If he hurts your feelings with something he says, know he didn't do it on purpose. He just has no filter and is a very straightforward person.

When you love him, please love him hard. Tell him how you feel. Tell him you appreciate him and all he does as often as you can. Be his biggest fan, his best friend, his lover, his person. He'll need you more than you'll ever think he will.

He's the most amazing person I have ever came across and deserves nothing less than the entire world, so please be good to him and love him more than I ever thought about,

- The Girl Who Loved Him First