An Open Letter To The Girl Who Says I Don't Need Makeup

From the Girl Who Likes to Wear Makeup

68
YouTube

To the girl who tells me I don't need makeup,

Maybe you don't mean to make it sound like you look down on me for wearing makeup, but that is what it feels like. Maybe you are trying to compliment me. It just doesn't come across that way to me.

So to all the people who talk about how I don't need makeup, I want you to understand something. Maybe I don't need makeup, but that is fully my choice. I don't wear make up for anybody else besides myself.

So, yes maybe I don't need the makeup. But wearing it improves how I feel about myself. Wearing the makeup isn't for some guy. It isn't to please you. It is because it is how I feel the most comfortable in my own skin. Everybody has a way they use to try to feel the most comfortable they can be in their own skin and this is mine.

So I understand why you may not want to wear makeup, I do. But, how you feel about wearing makeup has nothing to do with me. It is a personal choice and if I choose to wear makeup, then I can. I try to avoid being upset about this, but sometimes it is just infuriating.

Please, please, please let me do what I want with my makeup. And I will let you do whatever you want with yours.

Sincerely,

The Girl Who Enjoys Wearing Makeup