An Open Letter To The Girl My Boyfriend Cheated On Me With

Without pain, we cannot understand the beauty of healing.

53109

For your sake, I won't say your name.

I know it well, and I cannot get it out of my head. But to you, you who hurt me, you who took away my relationship, you who selfishly thought of only your own happiness, thank you.

SEE ALSO: I'm Happy He Cheated

We have never met, but I know you must know who I am. I am the woman you saved through the strangest means possible. My boyfriend cheated on me with you. Through social media, you must have known I existed.

I could say congratulations or you win, or even the cliché, "you deserve each other," but I won't. I will say thank you.

You would think I would hate you, because you did to another woman what all women fear most, but I don't hate you. You have done me an incredible service that I did not have the courage to do myself.

Thank you for setting me free. Thank you for saving me a future full of pain and lies. Thank you for showing his true colors through your joint actions.

Thank you for giving me a reason to say goodbye to the biggest blockade I have ever faced. Thank you for opening my future up again.

Thank you for taking the blame, for giving me a reason to leave, to give me a reason to start over.

Thank you for reminding me that I am worth so much more than lies and deception, that I don't have to take the emotional abuse and trauma of this experience lying down.

Thank you for showing me that my dad was always right, and for letting me feel the overwhelming love of the friendships I had forgotten.

Thank you for showing me that there are better ways to spend my time and my tears. Thank you for sending me running to Jesus, for reminding me that I am nothing without my true Saviour.

Thank you for giving me a chance to have another first date, another first kiss, another chance at a pure and Christ-filled relationship.

Thank you for bringing me to my knees, for reminding me of what pain feels like, for without pain we cannot understand the beauty of healing.

Without bad, we cannot understand good.

Without your interference, I would not have lost my breath, but because of you, I have learned to breathe again.

Thank you.

Most sincerely,

The girl you helped set free

From Your Site Articles