An Open Letter To A Friend Gone Too Soon

We will never forget you

168
Rebecah Woody

My Best Friend,

I miss you. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you. I think of all the great memories we shared throughout your short life. All of our memories were special and will always hold a place in my heart. I didn't realize how precious our time spent together was until it was too late.

This world wasn't ready for you. It wasn't ready for your hilarious jokes and your insane sarcasm. Your sass and your awesome advice will never be forgotten. All of us miss you dearly, and I can honestly say that it never gets any easier. I replay the hurtful things I said to you over and over again, and take for granted the extra time I could have spent with you.

We were all going to go on a road trip after graduation, and now you're on your own road trip in the big blue sky. I bet you are up there having the time of your life. I know you are much better off with your wings and your halo, but I would give anything for you to come back just for one day. I just want one more day to be able to spend time with you and tell you all the eventful things that have happened since you've been gone.

I know you're still here though. You're watching over me, our friends, and your family. I know you're always here even if I can't see you.

I think the hardest part for me was actually realizing you were gone. I could not believe that one of my four best friends was gone, and that our time together came to an end. I know one day we will meet again and we will be able to gossip and talk about the good times we had and the many more we will continue to make. It never gets easier and I will never forget you. You made such a huge impact on my life and made me who I am today. I'll always remember you and the times we spent together.

All Of My Love,

Your Friend