An Open Letter To My Fiance

An Open Letter To My Fiance

Pouring out my heart to the man I love.

1583
An Open Letter To My Fiance

Dear Best Friend,

That warm summer evening in Saint Louis will be a moment I'll never forgot. You got down on one knee and declared you're love for me. We are young, in love, but oh so ready for what the future holds. When you look at me even in my most awkward or ugly moments, you always make my heart drop just by that loving stare. You know every inch of my heart and soul, and I wouldn't want to share that with anyone else. We spent our early years learning about each other and how to communicate. So now our time seems so simple and happy, even when we fight we know it'll be solved simply by communicating.

Trusting you wasn't always easy, my anxiety and past made me wary in the beginning. Soon I realized you're intentions were true and you're trust in me was unconditional. I trust you with all my secrets, all my worries, all my problems. We flow through this life making decisions about our earlier years of life. And all I have to say is I'm so damn proud of us, we've been through some tough moments. And came out stronger than ever. I'm also beyond proud of you, moving down here was a big step for both of us. But especially for you, moving away from your home town is never easy. Yet you took the leap and honestly I love the life we have built down here. I will always miss our wonderful friends and your loving family but they are only a drive away.

You inspire me to be a better person everyday, your kind and loving spirit is something I can't wait to have our future children see one day. We've been engaged for coming up on a year now, and although our wedding is far away, I feel like we are already husband and wife. The way we laugh together over the silliest things or when we're slap happy from staying up to late sharing our weeks. From our one on one basketball games to trying couples yoga.. (and epically failing) You're always up for all the randomness that I come up with. The places we've been from Saint Louis to Detroit, each adventure we take is full of good food and lots of exploration.

Between school, work, homework, and trying to have a social life, we sure our busy. Yet this only made you work harder to make time for us. Making the weekend a time for us to just relax and be together. I will never understand how I got so lucky so young, to be able to meet my forever. Being quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry. Is something we both try to live by and use within our relationship. Meeting you for the first time was just another date, but I am beyond glad it turned into forever.

"I love you more than my own skin." Frida Khalo

Love,

Your forever <3