An Open Letter To The Overwhelmed College Student

Because we could all use a little encouragement!

119
Unsplash via Christine von Raesfeld

Dear College Student,

Here we are, halfway through the semester, and if you're anything like me, you are feeling overwhelmed, burnt out, and dying for a two-week vacation. This year has looked crazy different for those that have been in college for a while, and the first year of college for you freshman must feel so alien and unexpected. Especially if you've looked forward to college life for a while now.

Even though there are some days that you think you'll never get through the day, try to remember that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. It won't be like this forever. Hold your head up high and tell yourself that you are doing the best you can. Because you are! I know my own life has had its fair share of twists and turns. With COVID-19 still looming overhead, senior year is reminding me that I have less than a year before I am an adult, and being a full-time student with a part-time job, life can get crazy.

I guess the best piece of encouragement I can give you is to remember you are not alone. The best part of college is that you have hundreds, and sometimes thousands of people that are going through the same struggles as you. Hold onto those friendships that you encounter and never take them for granted! The only way we can get through this harder season is if we band together and support one another.

With all of the hatred that is in our world today with politics, pandemics, and protests, we need to remember that without people and community, we have nothing. Anyways, stay strong, keep your head up. The semester is halfway over! You're almost there!

I hope this helps you and encourages you!

Your fellow overwhelmed college student friend,

Sarah