An Open Letter To 2017

An Open Letter To 2017

2017 will be a great year...I'm claiming it

458
An Open Letter To 2017
realtyroundup.com

Dear 2017,

You are approaching very quickly, and I am nervous about what is to come. Everyone says, "New year, new me!" However, do they really mean it? After all, things are easier said than done. Myself and millions of other people are guilty of "getting off track." Distractions come at us left and right, circumstances come about and we temporarily stray away from the goals and tasks at hand.

For 2017, I will not say, "New year, new me" because I try to better myself each and everyday. Everyday, I try my best to motivate, encourage others, make people laugh, bring a smile to someone's face and be the best possible version of myself. Yes, a new year means a new beginning, but it can also mean a continuation of being the best you can be.

I am excited about what 2017 will bring: new opportunities, experiences and challenges. I will be going on a service immersion trip to the Dominican Republic late February. I am mostly excited but nervous about this trip because I've never stepped foot out of the country. I am excited to meet the people and families, learn the culture and history. This trip will ultimately be challenging because I have to step outside of my comfort zone.

I think each new year gives us the ability to take bigger leaps of faith than we did before. Each new year is a challenge to do more, think more and be more. We should definitely embrace the new year and use it to our advantage. It is fine to be scared and nervous about what is to come. It becomes a problem, however, when we allow those emotions to hold us back. We have the ability to make a difference. We just have to try. If we don't succeed the first time, dust yourself off and try again.