The Only Way Out Is Through

The Only Way Out Is Through

Say it with me. The-only-way-out-is-through. Theonlywayoutisthrough.

18
The Only Way Out Is Through
https://unsplash.com/photos/oQ7Y1cU-Rlg

I used to hear this in my head on repeat. Theonlywayoutisthrough theonlywayoutisthrough.

It was July. The middle of a beautiful summer in my beautiful hometown. I don't remember the weather. In my head it's overcast but I quite honestly think that I made that up. I remember getting off the phone and sobbing in the parking lot of a JCPenney after my boyfriend at the time told me over the phone that he did not love me anymore and he did not know why. I remember the outfit I was wearing. A white halter top with medium wash mom jeans. I cried and sat there, in my car, alone in broad daylight, as families passed by and stared. I did not know what else to do. I hid the tissues so my parents wouldn't know. That week was a blur of me sobbing and praying and texting and calling. Until it finally ended.

My point here is that I had to learn very quickly that the only way out is through. Go through that stuff. You know what I mean. All that bad mama-jama stuff. Don't try to avoid it. You have to go through it because the ONLY way out is THROUGH and the only way you're going to get through is by your own will to do so. YOU have to make yourself endure the hardship. YOU have to pick yourself up the ground. No one will do it for you. And no one can do it for you, even if they wanted to.

There is nothing anyone can say or do to push the bad juju mama-jama hurting away. You have to first accept the fact that nothing is going to change. The relationship that you once had is gone, and there is NOTHING on this good Earth that you could possibly say or do to change that fact. When you are able to accept the facts, you will be able to heal. So, theonlywayoutisthrough. Say it after me. The-only-way-out-is-through.

That little voice in your head is telling you, "face me" "deal with me" "confront me". So put on your fighting gloves because the only way you're going to win the match is to step into the ring. And you will get knocked down. Repeatedly. But every single time, you will stand up again because we aren't leaving until you win. And eventually, you will win.