To My Online Friends

To My Online Friends

Some people make friends by being social while others meet others online.

14
To My Online Friends
Pexels.com

To my online friend(s),

First off, I wanted to start by saying thank you. There are so many things to thank you for. For not judging me, for listening to me when I needed to rant about anything and everything and for always being there when the world seemed too unwelcoming. You'll never fully understand how much your support over the years means to me and I could never thank you enough for that.

In today's day and age, making friends online is a very common thing. More so now with apps like Tinder, Twitter, and Tumblr. While using some of these sites, you start to form bonds with those you follow. And for those people who have a hard time with social events, this is one way to make friends that have the same views and interests you have. That's just one of the nice things about meeting online.

Another nice thing about meeting online is that there is very little judgement on who you are as person based upon your looks. Their view of you as person is from what they see and hear. From what you reblog on Tumblr and retweet on twitter. It's not about your skin color, religion, or weight. We are just people who share a love for some of the same things and have been able to bond over them.

We bond over our favorite things. Fangirl when together when an actor we both love is in a new movie or show. Compare theories about characters, share our favorite fan fiction and some of us even co-author stories together. There are even a few who role-play. No, this is not something that is sexual. And this helps form more bonds with other fans of the verse.

Being online friends can be hard. Sometimes there are hundreds of miles between us along with time zones. We always make it work. We wake up early or stay up late to be able to talk for just a little bit. But there are a few who are lucky enough to be able to meet. And when we do, it feels like we've been friends all our lives.

So thank you for not judging me but for being just as weird as I am. Thank you for accepting me for things that others don't fully understand. Thank you for being someone I can turn to when I need it and know that I'm always here for you just like how you have been there for me. And thank you for showing me that the distance between us doesn't mean anything. That friendship is more than just hanging out together.