To my boyfriend for our one year anniversary.
Food Drink

to my boyfriend on our 1-Year Anniversary

Holy moly, me oh my, you're the apple of my eye.

1074
Photo: Kelsey Ulfig

You're probably going to click on this link and think, "Great, it's a sappy article discussing the thoughts my girlfriend has in store for me."

I mean, you are partially right, but the majority of this article is dedicated to the absolutely amazing year it has been with you. You 100% deserve to know how much of a great boyfriend you truly are. (Cue all the mushy stuff). It's been 365 days of pure laughter, memories, and friendship.

The thought of last summer brings the biggest smile on my face because I never knew how much you'd mean to me today.

Last year, I found myself acting like a big, smiling fool whenever I got the chance to hang out with you. I would get nervous, but at the same time so excited to see you. To my surprise, I wasn't the only one with a little crush. Now, I am still a big, smiling fool but this time, I am a big, smiling fool for you. (See what I did there).

This year has brought us so much good. To seeing concerts together, to spring break trips, to bonfire nights, to random coffee dates, to skipping rocks, to catching my first fish, to celebrating all festivities together, I couldn't have asked for a better year. Each memory that I look back at makes me smile and thankful for all the great times we've shared together. It also makes me wonder how my life would've been if we didn't start dating. Spoiler alert: not as amazing as it is now.

You are constantly teaching me new ways to grow as a person.

With this being so, your contagious positive attitude about life that makes being with you a blessing. Whenever I'm feeling down, you know exactly what to do to cheer me up. Whether it's calling me to sing to me or sending me snapchats of silly stuff, you always put in that effort to show me just how much you care. Even when we are surrounded by friends or family you know how to make me feel special in your own way. It's always the little things that you do for me that always take me over.

Now that most of the mushy things have been said, I can't forget to mention all my favorite things about you. (Bear with me here, it's almost done).

I love the how much of a fan you are about cooking. When I get cranky, you know I need to be fed and whatever you make I absolutely love. Also, I appreciate you loving my friends as much as I do. It makes it even better when we all get together and hang out. Additionally, I love how it is NEVER a dull moment when we are together. You always find something special for us to go do and it always turns out to be a fun adventure. Lastly, you never fail to amaze me and make me feel so loved each and every day.

Happy 1-year hunny!