One Tree Hill Quotes

10 'One Tree Hill' Quotes Every College Student Should Live By

It's all how you choose to look at life.

120

"One Tree Hill" is a timeless T.V. series that teaches viewers that at any age, life will work out just the way it's supposed to, even if there are a few bumps along the road getting there. "One Tree Hill" has taught and inspired me to live a life worth remembering and to always find the good in any given situation. T.V. shows, although are written by professionals, are commonly relatable to everyone in the audience at some point in the series, whether it be through your favorite character's struggles or similarities through the cast and your own friends. Here are ten "One Tree Hill" quotes to remember, take to heart, and live by.

“It's the oldest story in the world. One day you're 17 planning for someday and then quietly, without you ever noticing, someday today. And then someday yesterday. And this is your life.” - Nathan Scott

Life flies by, the time slips away, and we all grow up whether we intend to or not. At one point every one of us was sitting in our bedrooms at home with our parents applying to our desired colleges. Thinking back, I never felt like I was going to grow up, and realizing that reality is that I have grown up so much and still have so much growing up to do. It's crazy looking at life today thinking this is exactly where I wanted to be two years ago. My "someday" ended up being my today and this is a recurring cycle of life.

“There's no shame in being afraid. Hell, we're all afraid. What you gotta do is figure out what you're afraid of because when you put a face on it, you can beat it. Better yet, you can use it.” - Coach Whitey Durham

whitey durham

When coming to college, we're all in a new environment, away from home, for a good majority of us, and I believe that it's scary for everyone. Whether it's meeting new people, taking a hard test, trying something for the first time, we all have fears and Whitey is just telling us that we can't be afraid of the inevitable, you just have to face it and take life one step at a time.

“What's more important? What we become or how we become it?”  - Brooke Davis

brooke davis

In this life we have two choices, to work for what we dream, or just sit back and see what life throws at us. We all came to college for a reason, a purpose, but life does not always work out how we would like it to. You all know the saying, it's not what you know, it's who you know, but if that were true, why are any of us here? Life has a funny way of showing us that we have to work for what we want or we will end up waiting for life to hand us what we want, watching life pass us by, to only find out in the end that we will not get anywhere without working for it.

“I don't think you ever realize how much you love something until you have to give it up.” - Haley James Scott

We all get homesick at times and never truly appreciated what we had when we were in the comfort of our parent's house surrounded by the people we have known our whole lives. I think leaving for college is the time most people sit back and realize how good we had it at home, you never realize what you have until it's gone.

Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes — all you need is one." - Peyton Sawyer

Sometimes we all feel alone when you're in a room of people, spending more time in our heads than seeing what's right in front of us. It's hard meeting people and making friends, but the second you realize that you're not alone, that there are so many opportunities for change and all you need is one person to get you there and help you reach your full potential, college, life, and everything will be so much easier.

You know, you might wanna take a long hard look in the mirror. And see if the guy staring back at you is the kind of person you want to be." -Keith Scott

keith scott

This is the time of our lives where we can be exactly who we want to be, our past has escaped us, and our future will remain unknown. We are supposed to be finding ourselves, and even if you think you already have, there is still so much we all need to learn. It is never too late to reinvent yourself. It is never too late to change. It is never too late to become the person you've always dreamt of being.

But what are we waiting for? All we have is now. Don’t run from this." - Lucas Scott

lucas scott

We have no idea what the future holds for us, whether you already have a five-year plan, are still undecided in your major, or don't even know what you're having for your next meal. All we have is right now. We can dream and hope for what we want, but there is, unfortunately, no way of knowing if we will get there, or if we will succeed. So, there is no reason not to try, if you fail, try again, if you fall down, get up, if you're upset about it, let it out then get back out there. There are no guarantees in this life, so shoot your shot, live in the now.

"Give me regret as long as I can keep the good memories too." - Brooke Davis

brooke davis

There are going to be ups and downs in life and we are always going to have to take the good with the bad, swing and miss, hit the ground before we can start to run. We always tend to remember the negativities life throws at us, but we have to remember, when all is said and done, to be positive about the life we have and remember all the good that comes out of even our worst days.

“And when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair, remember it’s only in the black of the night that you see the stars.” - Whitey Durham

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom, there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. If you fail your math test, it's okay will be more. If you're having a bad day, tomorrow is a new day. Stay positive. There is always good. There is always happy, it's your choice if you wanna see it that way.

“People are going to label you, it’s how you overcome the labels” - Brooke Davis

brooke davis

In this life, people will look at you and judge you off of the most minute details. Girls especially can be judged off of any flaw in any appearance given the situation. It is so easy, especially in college, to be grouped in with others and not stand out as an individual. So, it is not who says what about you, it is how you choose to perceive it.

All of these quotes can be related to more than a hand full of situations, however, you want to look at your life and however you want to relate this back to yourself, you can. If you want to live life by the seat of your pants, that's okay. If you want a plan for the next 5 years, that's okay too. Just live your life the way you want to live it, as long as you're proud of how you're living it.