What 'One Tree Hill' Can Teach Us This Holiday Season

'One Tree Hill' Is Full Of Life Lessons And Can Teach Us These 8 Things During The Holiday Season

The holiday season is the best season

110

The holiday season kicked off back with Halloween, and won't end until New Years. Despite, winter not being my favorite season, I love the holiday season. "One Tree Hill" is a television show on the CW that went on for nine seasons from 2003 to 2012. "One Tree Hill" is one of my favorite shows. It has taught me so much throughout the years, and if I'm going through something, most of the time, there is something in the show that will help through it. So, here is what "One Tree Hill" can teach us this holiday season.

1. Life goes by fast, so appreciate its moments

https://gifer.com/en/9Uq6

One day, you're seventeen looking forward to graduating high school, and starting the next chapter of your life. Then without noticing, someday has come without you even noticing, and it's your life. When you're in the moment, it seems like life is standing still, and it seems like it's never going to end. But then, in a flash, life has gone by. So, appreciate every moment, whether it's good or bad. Because one day, you will look back at the life you've had.

2. You don't know what someone is going through

https://giphy.com/gifs/one-tree-hill-bullying-s-21ReVrFE7J6cU

Jimmy Edwards was a good friend of Mouth, Lucas, and some of the others that were on the show in the first season, but slowly started to drift apart. Jimmy couldn't wait to graduate and get out of the school. He battled with depression, and later committed suicide.

Ian Maclaren states; "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind." I agree. Everyone has something that they are going through that you might not know about. So, keep that in mind.

3. Be careful when you go out, and don't trust a drink from someone

https://giphy.com/gifs/friends-hug-one-tree-hill-mdbg0iH3431Ha

I'm not saying don't have fun. Don't get me wrong. I want everyone to have fun during this holiday season, and if someone offers to buy you a drink, I'm not saying you have to say no. If you want to say yes, that's okay. I'm just saying you should be careful. You could go with them, and order the drink yourself. Or something along those lines.

Peyton and Brooke learned this the hard way when they went to a party, and a guy put something in Peyton's drink.

4. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all

https://www.tumblr.com/search/ravens%20basketball

Fighting never solves anything, and being mean doesn't get you anywhere. Just look at Nathan and Lucas Scott. They weren't always close. In the first season, for most of it, they were anything but close. They always fought, and it didn't get them anywhere. Slowly, they became friends and brothers, and because of this, they had a better relationship. They worked better together on the basketball court, and they always had each others backs on and off the court.

During Thanksgiving, there is always that rule that you don't bring up religion or politics for a reason. So, avoid sensitive topics that you know that end up in a debate or fight. And avoid stating certain things because no one likes a Scrooge.

5. Bad things happen, but there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel 

https://giphy.com/gifs/one-tree-hill-haley-james-scott-nathan-tgjLeFlUSon9m

The characters on this show have dealt with a lot, but they kept going. They learned from the bad things. It wasn't easy by any means, but they kept going. There was a lot of bad things they had to face, but there was also a lot of good in their life as well.

So, if you are dealing with something in your life, don't forget there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. You got this.

6. There is proof that people can change

https://giphy.com/gifs/quote-one-tree-hill-oth-JAna1FBc1Dhja

One of the reasons why I love One Tree Hill is the character development. In season one, Nathan was a jerk. There's no way around it. Nathan used Haley for a good chunk of the first season to get to Lucas. He was a terrible boyfriend to Peyton. But then you see him throughout the series. Yes, he makes some mistakes, but he is a way better person. His father Dan also changed throughout the series. He was a character that I had a love/hate relationship with. Dan wasn't the greatest father to Nathan. Due to his mistakes, Dan didn't achieve what he wanted in basketball. So, what did he do? He lived through Nathan, and pushed him way harder than he should have. So much so, that Nathan took steroids to step up his game, and later hated the game because of him. Thankfully, Nathan later found his love for basketball again, but it wasn't because of Dan.

We also saw Brooke Davis develop into this amazing person, and became the person that she wanted to be. She didn't let her past define her. Just like your past doesn't define you, or anyone else in your life. People can change. Don't forget that.

7. Have fun

https://giphy.com/gifs/one-tree-hill-oth-brooke-davis-BqU86Ikn9LdHG

It's the holiday season! Sadly, we can't take off for the next two months, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun. The One Tree Hill characters knew how to have fun whether it was going out dancing, hanging out in Tree Hill, jumping up and down the bed like we're kids again, getting a random tattoo, and so much more. You only live once. Live the life you would be proud of when you are older, and you are looking back at your life. So, don't forget to have some fun.

8. You matter

https://giphy.com/gifs/sophia-bush-brooke-davis-106sIkUPpCicqk

Don't forget that you matter. Brooke Davis is a good example of this. She knew her worth. She didn't let people or her past define her. Brooke knew what she wanted, she knew she could get it, and she went after it. Brooke later became a successful fashion designer.

People don't know you like you know yourself. So, if you think you can do it, and you know your worth. Go for it. Even if you fail, you can learn from it, and pick yourself up and keep moving.

I hope everyone has a great holiday season!