8 Times These One Tree Hill Memes Were College Freshmen

Here we are, back in Tree Hill NC, and turns out you're the star of the show.

750
@onetreehillfans

There you are. Doing yo' thing and thriving high and heavy in college. You're awesome.

But then. Just when you think you've done it all, a miracle occurs. A Hulu Notification? One Tree Hill is back and available for all of us? No Way.

You begin to rewatch, naturally. And while you're knee deep in some Tree Hill drama, you see a new perspective of each character that you didn't seem to find when you watched for the first time when you were fifteen and your biggest problem was about which route you were going to take to Geography to run into your crush.

Turns out, One Tree Hill is you. Same.

Here are a few ways how:

1. You have no time for nonsense

Zero. Zilch. Negative time for irrelevant things/people/frat boys who are just there to be a sore in your life. And different from high school, you, college girl, are VOCAL about it. You have four years to have the time of your life, AKA, no time for things that will make you mad. And you realize that, and for that, you are even cooler than high school you. Up top my dude.

2. You think you are an adult now

How cool are you, living on your own for the first time, being awesome doing laundry and things. You are clearly independent and don't call your Mom about what to do with your health or whether your bananas are ripe or not yet (Duh). And because of that, you are ready to be full on adult! Incredible. People talking about having babies and getting married already, but who cares! You know how to vacuum and that makes you just as adult as them.

3. You rally in a crisis

You've discovered that teaming up with your friends is often the best way to solve a problem. There never seems to be an occasion that a good old fashion rally can't fix. Just like when Hailey and Quinn get together, you know who to team up with to solve any point of annoyance. Teamwork, ladies!

4. You get good at goodbye

Not being harsh, but it's true. Saying goodbye to your parents, friends from high school, or other people you grew up with in your hometown get easier to say goodbye to after you leave each break. At least, easier than it was the first time to say goodbye. Does this make you cold? Absolutely not. It means you're embracing your new life wherever you are studying. And that makes you awesome.

5. You'll probably fall in love

Yeah, that'll definitely happen. And whether it's the real deal or not, love is always a happy activity to partake in your first year of college. It kinda falls into that whole "adulting" category, which we've already established you rock at. Don't be afraid, go do it! Be young and fall in love and tell your kids Jude and Davis about it someday.

6. But then you'll realize that was dumb

Once you pass the love part, you may fall out of it. You may get hurt. Like really hurt. But that's alright. I can guarantee you've got a Brooke Davis who won't stop until your heart is mended. And she'll never leave you or cheat on you. Lucky you.

7. You'll go home and be nostalgic

I can guarantee you'll return home at some point. And you'll sit on your bed and think of all the dreams and fairytales you stirred up in your head before going to college. Odds are, some of them actually happened. Maybe some others didn't. That's ok too. These moments of nostalgia just put you into perspective of who you are, where you come from, and how far you've gone. And guess what? You're young, it's only the beginning.

8. But no matter what, you're still you

No matter how nostalgic or in your feels you get, you're are still you, and that's all you can be. And Nanny Deb agrees (Remember when she dated Skills? #iconic)

Nothing says it better than this quote.

This is your life. It flies by. You will do stupid things. You will do phenomenal things. You will be excitedly, effervescently, uncannily, simply you. And that's the best version of you you can be.

Cheers.