One Semester Down

One Semester Down

29
One Semester Down

One semester down ladies and gentlemen. If you're a freshman like me, you are beyond happy winter break is here. One semester done, seven more to go for us 4-year students and three more for you 2-year students. Who else is excited to sleep in for the next month? No more 8am classes or 3 hour morning labs. Sadly, the break is only one month long when we all feel like we need 4 months to recoop from the past semester. Other freshman would agree that this past semester has been more of a down then an up for us.

We've faced procrastination to the highest level possible, Netflix binge watching instead of homework, and turning in work at 11:58pm when it is due at 11:59pm, hoping it uploads in time. We have all been there whether we want to admit it or not. If you live on campus you most likely slept in between classes instead of studying or getting caught up on homework. Where nap time is key in a college students life, getting good grades so you don't waste 20 grand on tuition is more important. We have all struggled throughout the entire semester with getting the motivation to do anything or to even get out of bed. We've all been there where right after we take a test we leave and think for the next week until we get it back, "I failed", "Did we even learn that", "Did I answer that question", and "I should have studied." Sorry to say but in a month you'll be saying the exact same things.

You may have made friends or you may have lost friends. Trust me, if you've lost some or all of your high school friends, then they are so far gone. In some cases, it may be for the best. You may have made some new friends or maybe even no friends. If you have made new friends, watch out because they may only be your friend to get answers out of you, don't fall for it. Live up the next month while you have the freedom. You lose it in a month and will become a bookworm right where you were before.

Here is some advice to you college freshmen. Even though you get a break from using your brain, use your brain and try to study at least 10% or your break. If you forget everything you just learned in the past semester then it was a waste. Keep looking on the bright side of everything. You're one step closer to your main goal.