top 15 list, music criticism, one-hit wonders

15 Songs from One-Hit Wonders That people still love

While these particular artists did not achieve long-term success, this list is about 15 songs from one-hit wonders that are still enjoyed by the general public.

56
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e8/Music_01754.jpg

When it comes to the music industry, at times it can be a huge gamble. While some artists achieve long-term success and are able to release many chart-topping hits, others unfortunately are unable to reach this milestone and only receive the dreaded "15 minutes of fame."

However, the work of these one-hit wonders still live on in our hearts and because of this, many of their songs can and still are enjoyed by the general public. In honor of these artists, here are the top 15 songs by one-hit wonders. To be clear, in this case I will be referring to musicians who were able to achieve one hit in the United States and I will not be taking into account international success.

1. "Macarena" by Los Del Rio (1996)

2. "Funkytown" by Lipps Inc. (1980)

3. "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor (1982)

4. "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles (1979)

5. "It's Raining Men" by The Weather Girls (1983)

6. "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye and Kimbra (2011)

7. "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice (1990)

8. "Who Let the Dogs Out?" by Baha Men (2000)

9. "Mambo No. 5 (a Little Bit of...)" by Lou Bega (1999)

10. "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba (1997)

11. "Harlem Shake" by Baauer (2012)

12. "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas (1974)

13. "Mickey" by Toni Basil (1982)

14. "Rude" by Magic! (2013)

15. "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" by Eiffel 65 (1999)