One Direction's Tenth Anniversary

One Direction's Tenth Anniversary

July 23rd, 2020 is about to make History.

15
One Direction's Tenth Anniversary

Tomorrow will mark 10 years since the band One Direction was formed by Simon Cowell on The X Factor. Since then, they have become one of the most famous and successful bands of all time. Stealing the hearts and ears of a plethora of people from the 10-year-old girls to their 50-year-old mothers. The summer of 2015 was a hard time for many, seeing that is when One Direction broke up but tried to ease the countless broken teenage hearts by announcing a "hiatus" instead. Since that summer, we have received many solo albums, interviews, tours, and even some light content between the band, but nothing remarkable. One Direction fans are as obsessed as ever and are demanding some content between Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, and possibly Zayn Malik for their 10th anniversary. With hints having been dropped by some of the members, the anticipation is high.

I know what you're thinking, "they were a boy ban 10 years ago and all of their fans are adults by now"- and your point is?? Thanks to the plethora of social media out there, especially TikTok, and even the recent global pandemic, it is apparent that the "fandom" is in full swing. With the day rapidly approaching, fans are terrified. Many saying "it could be the best or worst day of their life". Well, hopefully, it is the latter. This morning the official One Direction Instagram account posted a picture on their insta- story saying "10 Years of One Direction", which was the first active moment on the account since 2016. Many other famous accounts have been awaiting the arrival of this day. The "Sirius XM Hits 1" account has turned into a full-fledged One Direction fan account, and I am here for it. However, the expectations for Thursday are ranging from some hoping for a simple tweet to some expecting a reunion tour. Personally, just seeing the 4 (amazing, if 5) of them breathe in the same room in 2020 would be enough for me. There have been hints at a possible tour or new music, however last week, a representative from Sony music released information. Tomorrow, a website will be created which hosts "new" unreleased songs and music videos and behind the scenes content.

Whatever happens tomorrow, will dictate the rest of our lives. I kid, I kid. However, it will dictate my mood and serotonin levels for about a week or so. I just hope we get some content and are able to see our kings reunite.