Religious "Liberty"

Religious "Liberty"

Why we separate church and state

12
Religious "Liberty"
The Washington Post

You done fucked up America. I am really disappointed in all of you. You have just spat on what our Founding Fathers fought so hard to create.

President Donald Trump made a law that "meant to allow churches and other religious organizations to become more active politically..."

And what I here you all typing is "But Juan, we are a Christ-"

Shut the flying fuck up, Nancy from Dumfuckistan, Texas. I am gonna learn you a thing or two on what are Founding Fathers actually wanted for this country and why Y'allqeda single-handedly ruined it for us.

Allow me to quote our nation's most important document: Our Constitution. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

So what that means, Nancy from Dumbfuckistan, is that there is supposed to be no laws preventing you from exercising your freedom of religion. That is not what we are trying to piss on. But what you dumb motherfuckers do not seem to realize is the first part of the First Amendment essentially says RELIGION AND GOVERNMENT IS A FUCKING NO-NO.

Essentially what I am trying to say is that you people could give less than a flying fuck about religious freedom. You only care about YOUR religious freedom. And this is why I think so lowly of modern day Conservatism.

And this isn't just atheists up in arms about it. Religious leaders are too. More than 1,000 faith leaders have signed a letter condemning Donald Trump’s anticipated executive order on “religious liberty”. Their reasoning? "The charitable sector, particularly houses of worship, should not become another cog in a political machine or another loophole in campaign finance laws," the group wrote.

I totally predict that atheist groups will fight this tooth in nail. I also predict that this will lead to the decline of religious fundamentalism in America and a rise in secularism in the American people. That's just the optimist in me.

The pessimist in me says we will end up as a contested wasteland of anarchy and barbarism, squabbling over who's culture has produced the best fantasy novel.

And then people wonder why I believe we need to leave religion behind in the Dark Ages.