Olivia Jade Shouldn't Be Slammed On Twitter, Yet She Deserves To Know Her Impact

With a following of almost 2 million millennials on YouTube, Olivia Jade's impact is more than just a video every week.

141

It's fascinating to realize that in this digital age we are able to communicate with one another instantly and implicate one's identity by a scandal or situation which can immediately result at the end of a career. It's happened with YouTube stars, and it occurs daily with famous figures that we grow to love and hate on a daily basis. Olivia Jade is one of the most well-known YouTubers on the web yet is stuck in a scandal due to her family's poor actions.

It's so simple to create a tweet, just a few lines of thoughts that occur over a situation or something that may grind your gears. We create these thoughts and share them on a platform with many other people who may think the same or different. With these thoughts becomes drama, and along with this platform, we are immersed in this news as it's the only thing we can think about.

Olivia posted a video talking about how she doesn't really care about school, she was just looking forward to game days and parties. After seeing the reaction of how people felt about the video on social media, she decided to make an apology. She realized her impact was so important that people were giving her backlash due to her tainted vocabulary and her careless speech. With the College Blues scandal occurring this was only another hit against her.

As a millennial, it's hurtful to see that the depiction of older generations of us is so tainted due to what they see us handle situations and opinions in the media. There are always arguments and dramatic elements of the news that result in meme culture and other ways of displaying the joke factor of what is currently occurring in the world. Do we do this to cope?

Yes, somewhat, the world has become such a foggy place over the past few years and it's becoming very hard to see the sun at this point. Us millennials do what we can with what we've learned and seen to draw light upon situations, yet still, keep up with the news. It doesn't make it right, but it doesn't make it wrong either. Olivia Jade's channel has been watched millions of times and she has a major fan base of viewers that watch her content daily.

Our first amendment right of freedom of expression allows us to speak upon whatever we feel is important or we are overall just passionate about, to begin with. If we didn't care about the world around us, we wouldn't be speaking about these matters so frequently and quickly online. It's simple to think that we don't care or are just making jokes about the situation, yet that's the furthest from the case as each and every one of us has a voice and opinion. It's scary how much one person's dumb, irrational decision could impact so many other aspects of life.