It's Okay To Not Have It All Together
Self Love

It's Okay To Not Have It All Together

Nobody is perfect.

1150
It's Okay To Not Have It All Together
Photo by Eric Nopanen on Unsplash

In this day and age, it's easy to compare yourself to others. With social media in our faces 24/7, you're exposed to everyone else's lives and what they are doing. There is no such thing as privacy anymore. What we put out there is subject for the world to see.

On Instagram, you may see someone from high school you despise studying abroad. On Snapchat, you may see an old friend landing their dream job. On Facebook, you may see your cousin getting engaged. On Twitter, you may see your best friend announce their commitment to a university for sports. While you may be happy for some of these people and their accomplishments, it can be hard to not feel unhappy about yourself. This can cast insecurity and doubt on yourself.

Stop comparing yourself to others. Social media is only a highlight reel, not the whole film. Although people post about good things on social media, they don't expose the truth. The truth is that not everyone's lives are full of sunshines and rainbows all the time. In fact, it is normal for people to have cloudy and stormy days among them.

The point is this: it's okay to not have it all together. If you feel lost or confused, don't worry. These feelings are only temporary. Everyone walks down the path of life at their own pace. If you're too busy comparing yourself to others, you're not going to get to where you want to be.

Whether if you don't know what to do as a career, or you're not always happy-go-lucky, don't put yourself down for it. It's part of being human. You're beautiful no matter what. The best experiences usually stem from the darkest of times. All you need is to light the spark that sets the flame. Don't ever give up despite how challenging it gets.

What's wonderful about this world we live in is that it's okay to make mistakes. You learn from them. No human is perfect after all. We weren't put on this planet to do everything right the first time. Everything happens for a reason. Trust that.

Even the ones you admire most once did not have a grip on what they wanted. They too started from scratch. They too felt uneasy about the future. They too were not sure that they were going to make it. Did they tear themselves apart,and tell themselves they were unworthy? Did they say that they were incapable?

No. They rose up. They fought against the odds. They did everything in their power to move forward. It took them soul searching, hard work, and persistence to get them to where they are today. They took the road less traveled, and it paid off. They built their lives on their own; brick by brick. They took their dreams and made them a reality.

You too can do that. Don't ever make yourself believe that you are not capable of living your best life. Don't ever belittle yourself. Don't be negative to the point that it becomes who you are. Don't be the one standing in your way.

What's stopping you from being okay with not being okay? Not having other people's approval? Not getting a million likes on social media? Not receiving praise, "good job", and "way to go"? This isn't kindergarten where everyone gets a participation trophy. If you feel stuck, and want to be unstuck, only you can change your outcome.

In the meantime, appreciate where you are today. I am sure that you are doing great. You're amazing. You can get through anything. Tough times and uncertainties are what will make you a better person at the end of the day. Those who didn't lift a finger to achieve their goals will soon learn the consequences.

You're doing the best you can. Don't be so hard on yourself. In fact, you may be doing wonderful, and you may not even see it. Life is too short to not appreciate the good with the bad; the dark with the light. It is what brings balance in our lives.

From this day forward, don't complain that you aren't where you want to be. Don't moan that your situation isn't your ideal. Get up, and do whatever it is that will point you in the right direction. Fall in love with yourself before, during, and after the process. Good things don't come to those who wait. Good things come to those who take control of their destiny.

But for now, take a few deep breaths. Relax. You're going to be okay. It's okay to not have it all together.