Fiction On Odyssey: My Werewolf Story Part 2

Where everything gets hairy. Literally.

84
WIkia

"What can you do when a human finds out your secret..." ~ Chloe Stephens

When I came to, we were passing trees that seemed like it went on forever.

"Oh, hey sweetie. Welcome to Clearwater, Tennessee," Mom said.

I stretched out and rubbed the grit out of my eyes.

"How much longer until we get there?" I asked.

"We will be there in about ten minutes." She replied.

"Ok. So what is the plan once we get there?"

We talked about what the movers brought with them and what we have to set up before we are settled. She told me that my car and my mother's car are already there and that Dad brought them over a couple of days ago. He even put new seat covers and changed the oil for me. Hopefully my black Honda Accord will not stand out.

When we pulled up a hidden driveway, we were greeted by a large tan looking two story house with a white porch that is wrapped all the way around. Next to the house is a three-car garage. We parked by the front door and started unloading our things.

As I walked through the double doors, I was amazed at how beautiful the interior was. The high ceiling was decorated with imprints of the trees and different kinds of animals.

"You might want to close that mouth of yours before bugs get in it. Anyways. You can pick any room that is upstairs except for the last one on the left. That is the library and we already set it up for you. There is a personal bathroom in every bedroom. Our bedroom is on this floor passed the stairs on the right. The kitchen is through the dining room and it connects to this hallway. The living room through this door way on the right. I'll leave you alone, so you can set up your room. The mattress and the bed frame in the hallway. There might be a new bed set in there too.Oh, and the laundry room is under the stairs."

"Ok, and thanks Mom. How long until dinner?" I asked.

"I'll order some pizza and I'll call you down when it is here."

"Ok, see you later."

"Love you, sweetie."

"Love you too, Mom."

After looking around upstairs, I decided to choose the forest green room and started setting everything up. A couple of hours later, my room was complete and dinner was here.

After we finished, I washed the dishes and headed back to my bedroom. I finished up the final touches and decided to go to bed.

The next day, I got ready to go out and explore the town. As I was leaving, Mom decided to give me a grocery list and now I have to go shopping. Yay! Hint the sarcasm.

I followed the road to the town and was surprised that so many people live in this area. I finally found a parking space a couple of blocks from the grocery store and decided to look around. My eye caught a bookstore across the street and of course, had to go in. I felt like I was in paradise. There were so many books to choose from.

I was looking through shelf after shelf when I bumped into someone. And of course, I dropped all of the books that were in my hands and ended up falling.

"I am so sorry. Are you ok? I wasn't watching where I was going..." Wow. Two minutes later and she is still talking and trying to apologize.

"I'm okay. And I'm sorry too. I was concentrating on looking through the books that I didn't notice someone was beside me."

I was just gathering the fallen books when she said, "Here let me help you. Wow. You must like to read a lot. By the way, my name is Chloe Danielle Stephens, but you can call me Chloe. I haven't seen you around here before are you new?"

"Yeah. I just moved in yesterday," I answered.

"Cool. What year are you? If you don't mind me asking."

"It's fine. My name is Shamara Williamson. I am going into my senior year. What about you?"

"Senior this year also. Maybe we will be in the same classes. School is starting tomorrow. Are you going to be there or are you going to wait until you settle?"

"We are practically settled in. I don't want to miss anything important. Do you think you can show me around the school?"

"Totally. Meet me at the front of the school and you can meet the gang as well. I work here when I don't have school. So if you need me, you know where I will be."

"Sure. Well, I better get going. I have to go grocery shopping before I go home. See you tomorrow." I waved as I walked away.

"Bye Shamara!" I heard her yell.

I went to pay for the books and left the store. As I was walking to the store, all I could think of is the feeling that the girl is part of a change that is coming.