The Odyssey Calendar of Events: 2/12 - 2/18

Stay in the know.

1

With all that is happening on the 40 Acres, and in the thriving city of Austin, it can be tough to keep up. Follow The Odyssey weekly calendar of events to make sure you don’t miss any of it. To submit an event for the calendar, email texasodysseyeditor@gmail.com at least one week in advance with a description of the event. Include its time, location, fees and accessibility to the student body and general public.

Thursday, Feb. 12

Read Between the Lines: Learn about being an effective and efficient reader at the college level in JES A309 on campus from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Teach Abroad Information Session: Learn about UT's joint teacher training program with Cambridge in UTC 4.122 on campus from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Friday, Feb. 13

Fried Oreos: Save the trek to Pluckers, because Liberty in North Korea will be selling the treats in front of Gregory Gym beginning at 9 a.m.

Pride Shabbat: Celebrate the intersections of Judaism and Queerness and how they honor and strengthen each other. The event will be held at Texas Hillel, located at 2105 San Antonio Street, from 5:45 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 14 (Valentine's Day)

UT Men's Basketball takes on Texas Tech at home at 7 p.m. The game will be shown on the Longhorn Network.

Monday, Feb. 16

Emerging Technologies and the Future of War: Hear expert analysis on how emerging technologies could affect not just war itself, but the relationship between militaries and the economy. The event is being put on by The Robert S. Strauss Center for International Security and Law, and the William P. Clements Center for History, Strategy & Statecraft. It will be held in UNB 2.102 on campus from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Feb. 17

UT Men's Basketball takes on Oklahoma away at 8 p.m. The game will be shown on ESPN2.

Wednesday, Feb. 18

The Daily Texan Housing Fair: Learn about different housing opportunities on and off campus from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on UT's Speedway Plaza.