An Ode To Summer Concerts, The Best Kind Of Entertainment

It was one of the best summer concert seasons yet.

13
Megan Courtney

My summer concert season recently came to an end and I'm not sure how to feel about it because this one was the best one yet.

I traveled a few times, I saw my favorite artist, I saw ones I never expected to see and I finally met some of my friends from a few fan clubs, and let me tell you, they are some of the kindest people I'll ever meet.

Something about planning out times to meet and picking out an outfit just to get drenched in sweat later is thrilling to me, and I haven't quite figured out what it is yet.

Blasting music with your friends in the car with the windows down on the way to the big event gets your adrenaline pumping and puts you in the best mood. It's like nothing can bring you down.

Pulling up to the venue and seeing the lines of people of all ages, and hearing an artist's soundcheck if you're early enough will make you fangirl like you're an overly excited pre-teen seeing the Jonas Brothers, but who cares when you're having fun?

Plus, if you have VIP or a meet and greet upgrade, this not only adds to the excitement but can make your entire day if not entire summer.

If the venue is outside, sitting in the lawn is an adventure because you'll see people who are there to chill, you'll see drunk girls complimenting each other, people dancing to the pre-show playlist, people taking selfies for Instagram and so much more.

Sometimes, depending on the show, the people who are sitting in the lawn seats may be more entertaining than the artist themselves.

On the upside, it's summer, so you don't have to worry about waking up early for school or having an early curfew, so you can truly live in the moment.

Debating on when to take video is always the hardest part because you'll know you want to watch it later, but it's no fun watching it through a phone screen, but you also know you'll want the evidence when you make your sappy end-of-summer post on social media.

Reflecting back, this truly was an eventful summer. I stepped outside my comfort zone and met new people, experienced a new genre of music live and got to travel all with my best friend by my side.

While I hate to see it end, I'm thankful for all the memories I made and all the photos and videos I took.

Summer concert season 2018, you were so good to me. I can't wait to see what 2019 has in store.