10 Best Spots To Take Artsy Photos In New York City's Oculus

10 Spots To Take Artsy Photos In New York City's Oculus

A look in the Oculus through odd, fun profile shots.

390
Girl
Noor Lone

The Oculus in downtown Manhattan is a train station, plaza, and shopping center all-in-one! This 350,000 square-foot World Trade Center shopping mall is built right next to the 9/11 memorial site. It's a beautiful and huge mall and I took some pictures to capture the beauty of it (featuring my friends).

1. Fairy light stairs

Whether you like weird poses or serious poses, this staircase near the entrance of the Oculus is right for anyone in need of a new profile picture.

2. Honey lavender Yankee Candle of the month

With the changing colors of the walls, you can wait until the lights match the color of your hair so you can look like a Yankee Candle advertisement.

3. Look over there, it's all the stores that I can't afford to shop at

Actual photo of two girls trying to find the Forever 21.

4. Shop or photo shoot destination?

This is outside of a Victoria's Secret, but no one has to know that.

5. Toy store or another photo shoot destination?

At the toy store, Toytoise, cartoony backpacks and purses are up for sale.

6. White world (Trade Center)

Sometimes you have to find odd corners to get the best pictures. This marshmallow wonderland is perfect for a spontaneous photo op.

7. Lookin' like a polar bear's spine or something

If you're going to go anywhere, go to the top floor to look over all the people passing by below you as if they are your humble servants and you are their faithful ruler.

8. Twinsies

Taking pictures outside the Oculus in the dark makes for some great silhouette photos.

9. Outside the Oculus

Flower boxes. Art. Amazing. Yes. Good.

10. This is an illusion

Experiment with your angles! Because I got closer to this box and shot from a lower angle, it looks like my friend is stepping on what looks like a much bigger box.