Why I'm Obsessed With Ellen DeGeneres

Why I'm Obsessed With Ellen DeGeneres

Ellen for president.

42
Why I'm Obsessed With Ellen DeGeneres

Whenever I am bored, have had a long day of school or just want a good laugh you can find me scrolling through YouTube for past and present "Ellen" clips. There is something about this woman and everything she does that puts a smile on my face. She is one hundred percent someone who I idolize when it comes to the entertainment industry.

Here are the many reasons why I am absolutely obsessed with Ellen DeGeneres.

1. She scares and pranks her guests.

DeGeneres has this special way of making her shows different from any other talk show out there. She makes her guests worried about their safety, in the best of ways. No interviewee can ever be sure if something will pop out from a side table or from behind their chair. DeGeneres keeps hidden video cameras in the dressing room, and even hides there herself for a little surprise. There is just something about a celebrity being spooked that becomes the ultimate source of entertainment.

2. She always gives back.

By teaming together with companies such as Target and Shutterfly, among others, DeGeneres is always finding people who can use some extra help. She finds heroes all over the country who need some help financially and emotionally and gives them what they deserve. I admire her most for this because of the good she brings to special people's lives.

3. She interviews little kids.

The interviews with young celebs always have me dying of laughter. She interviews the most intelligent of our species, children. Every time there is a new interview, these kids have me sighing with cuteness or laughing from their blunt jokes and comments. With every kid interview, you can hear the audience gasping in giggles.

4. She is able to laugh at herself and her own jokes.

DeGeneres is one of the funniest people alive and I believe this because of a number of giggles and smiles she gives during her show. She is so comfortable coming up with on the spot jokes and laughing at her own creativity.

5. She dances.

Being a dancer myself, I love seeing DeGeneres dance on her show as well as having dancers guest perform from kids to professionals. Her DJ is even SYTCD participant, Twitch, who often shows off his own moves on the show. This aspect really brings the show to life and makes me want to get up and move as well!

Degeneres is amazing for 1000 more reasons than I could list above. She is a host who can speak her mind, ask specific questions and empathize with the people she finds inspirational.

So with that being said, Ellen DeGeneres, I hope you know how much joy you bring to the entertainment industry and all the people who watch your show on the daily. You are truly a wonderful, funny and generous human being.