Why I'm Obsessed With Comfort Colors Tees

It's mostly because of the comfort and the colors.
4610

True Life: I'm obsessed with Comfort Colors.

I never thought I'd become one of those "basic sorority girls" who can delineate between brands of t-shirts and who has a favorite, but here I sit in a brick (that's the official color title, and yes, I did know that off the top of my head) Comfort Colors tee that's probably three inches longer than it was when I put it on this morning, and several shades different than it was before its first wash.

I'm also quick to admit to people who ask me my favorite color that it's Comfort Colors crunchberry. I have a serious problem.

On September 2, 2015, Comfort Colors by Chouinard announced they're ceasing operations in their home state of Vermont because they recently sold out to Gildan Activewear. My heart is breaking because I hate Gildan tees, but the Gildan spokeswoman assures us, "By consolidating that (work) into our modern, large-scale facilities, Gildan aims at improving its supply chain efficiency and enhancing its customer service." There may be light at the end of this tunnel after all.

In light of this recent news, I want to profess my love for Comfort Colors, which make up a good chunk of my college kid closet and is my go-to garment along with my Chacos and shorts. Here are three main reasons some of my most prized possessions are my CC tees:

1. The Comfort

I'm not quite sure what heavenly grade of cotton these fine preshrunk articles are woven from in the great nation of Honduras, but it's absolutely incredible. It's like wearing a blanket around in public, but without all the weird looks and the sweat. They're easy on the eyes and easy on the skin, not to mention the fact that they stretch with you as you go about your business and are available in both long- and short-sleeved options as well as sweatshirts and tanks, and occasionally come with a fabulous frocket.

2. The Colors

I'm pretty sure these sweet tees are available in every shade you could ever want, and this box of swatches confirms my suspicions.

They also have the cutest and most creative names for their colors, like Tumbleweed, Paprika, Monterrey Sage, and my personal favorite, Mystic Blue. So mystical. So magical.

3. The Quality

Comfort Colors tees are generally a little bit pricier than other brands, but it's worth every penny for the upgrade. With the stretchiness and durability of the cotton, your Comfort Colors tees will never befall a tragedy like the massive armpit holes other tees are infamous for. When somebody tells me to dress up, I immediately know that they're obviously implying to go with the Comfort Colors over the Hanes Beefy. Obviously.

The next time you hear somebody at chapter or a club meeting asking if the mandatory tee is Comfort Colors, don't laugh or judge. They're probably the smartest and most stylish person in the room. When T-Swizzle sang "we never go out of style," she was clearly singing to her favorite Comfort Colors tee, and that's something she'll never write a breakup song about.