Abuse is Real and it Hurts.

Abuse is Real and it Hurts.

I was finally strong enough to leave the man that abused me mentally for months

67
Abuse is Real and it Hurts.
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_S1IlH_LRZ.jpeg

Never in a million years did I expect myself to end up in an abusive relationship. I promised myself that I would never end up this way and would get out as soon as things got bad. No he never laid a finger on me but he sure destroyed me emotionally. But I was naive and thought he would change but people like that don’t change.  

J grew up being abused. His father had abused him when he was younger. His sister was always favored over him. He had gotten it the worst and that probably did a lot of damage to him. As of now his father is an alcoholic. Currently J is following his dad’s path and it’s scary to watch. I physically cannot continue to watch him drink away his life every night anymore. He complains he has no money but spends it all on beer.  You know, I've tried to help him but how do you help someone that can't be saved? I've tried to get him to cut back on the drinking before it gets bad, but he doesn't care. You can't help someone that's addicted.

He doesn’t see his daughter anymore. I don’t think he ever cared much about her honestly. She’s with her mom and I think she’s better off there. I've been told by a few different people that he isn't her father even she has said it. I'm not surprised because quite honestly, he doesn't suit the parent role. Sure he raised her for several years but I don't think he was good to her. From what I've seen, he was always nasty to her.  Her father is an abusive alcoholic. 

I’m afraid if I stay, he’s going to hit me and I refuse to let a guy ever lay a hand on me.  I didn't want to leave at first. I didn't want to accept the fact that he had changed and wasn't going back to his old ways. I thought maybe eventually he would've gone back to the man I had fallen in love with, but that wasn't the case. It was just getting worse and I had to leave. I had to get out of there and find myself. 

Things never used to be this bad when we first got together. He used to be sweet, caring, and truly loved me. But as the months went on he changed and I’m not sure what made him change. He used to love my best friend, but now he can’t stand her and hates that I hang out with her.  But the truth finally came out a few days after we broke up. He was in love with her and never mentioned it at all. That certainly explains why he acted the way he did when she would get together with someone. It was pure jealousy. Maybe he never really loved me during the 10 months we were together. 

In the past couple months, he’s called me every name in the book. He thinks i’m a whore and blowing some dude which is nothing but bullshit. I’ve been nothing but faithful to him and he thinks this low of me? How fucking sad. I’ve put up with nothing but bullshit for the past few months now and I’ve finally realized that I need to be done. 

Emotional abuse is just as bad as any kind of abuse out there. Get out before it’s too late. I didn't want to leave but there was only so much I could bare to deal with. I had finally reached my breaking point where enough was enough. I finally told him that I called it quits and left it at that. I haven't looked back since then and I couldn't have been happier then I am now.