Snow Days As A Kid Were The Best

Snow Days As A Kid Were The Best

Nothing compares to having a day off when you're a kid with no responsibilities and no worries.

15

I remember when snow days used to be so much fun. Back when I was in elementary or middle school, snow days used to be the best, they usually consisted of going outside and building snowmen, going sledding, having snowball fights. It was all about having fun outside and being active.

For some reason now I don't like the snow as much, I'm not as big of a fan being outside in the cold as I used to be. I'm not sure why exactly that is, I guess I'm not as into it anymore. I don't see myself living in a cold climate for the rest of my life. I have visited my family out in Los Angeles, California and have loved how nice the weather is and the sun always being out, it just has a positive effect on me.

Now some snow days consist of catching up on schoolwork/studying or watching a lot of Netflix or Hulu, but for the most part they don't involve being outside as much as they used to be. I feel like it was a lot easier to go outside and enjoy the day off when I didn't have to worry about having responsibilities or things that needed to get done. But this didn't start too recently, I would say that this change took place during high school. One year there was a big snowstorm in the middle of midterms and school ended up being canceled for multiple days. I used some of this time to relax, but I also had studying for those midterms as a priority which in term made the snow days a little less fun. Too bad the snow storm couldn't wait until my midterms were over and then I could really not have any worries.

I like to try and get ahead with homework and other things on the days that class gets canceled due to snow, but sometimes I also feel like I am missing out on the fun as well. Most likely when I am done writing this I will try and go out and enjoy the day a little bit and give myself a chance to recharge and get ready for the rest of the week. Most people would agree that snow days are the best when they fall on either Mondays or Fridays and can extend the weekend. Even though snow days aren't as great as they used to be, I would still rather have them than be in class or have a full day.