Nothing Bad Ever Happens on Christmas Eve

Christmas is a time that magic flows all around us

40
google.com

“Nothing bad ever happens on Christmas Eve”

Those are the words heard by millions who watched This is Us last week. Now I’m not that naive to know that bad things don’t actually happen on that day, but there is still something so true about that statement. Christmas Eve has a certain kind of magic in the air.

Christmas time has always been a time filled with a little extra or belief in the world. As a kid you believe in something so unknown to you; something so magical, and no one ever has anything negative to say about it. People are happier, their smiles are bigger, things are just merrier.

I think that Christmas has always been about believing. Believing that for one day, all can be right in the world. Families come together, they celebrate and their home are filled with love, joy and laughter. There is something about the twinkling lights on the trees or around the house that make it easier to believe this time of year. It’s almost like the lights on the tree and the smell of cookies baking mixed with pine needles from Christmas tree is the perfect recipe for magic and believing. I know that when I’m sitting around the table at my grandma’s house on Christmas Eve, there is definitely a feeling of unspoken magic that flows through the house. The smell of the wonderful food that is being cooked, the laughter of my family and the sights of the house make the day wonderful. Somehow on Christmas Eve, I always seem to forget the hardships that are going on in my life. If I’ve had a bad day, week, month or time prior to that night; it is all forgotten and it is just a magical night.

All throughout my work I heard people talking about their plans and the gifts that they purchased for their loved ones. As I hear that, I can’t help but think of the families that are less fortunate; and not just the families in my school, but all over. Then my mind is put at ease because I remember how thoughtful and generous people can be this time of year. Christmas Eve might be the first night in a while that parents do not have to worry that their child is going to miss out on something because of their financial situation; thanks to the generosity of total strangers. Call that what you will, but I like to think of that as a little bit of Christmas Magic.

“Nothing bad happens on Christmas Eve”. Like I said, I know this might not be the case for everyone in the world, but Christmas Eve and Christmas time makes people believe in the magic of the season a little bit more.

“Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.”

**I’d just like to wish everyone a happy, merry and safe Christmas. Have a wonderful time with your loved ones. Talk to you all in 2017!!!**