A Note From Heartbreak Hotel

A Note From Heartbreak Hotel

A writer saying goodbye to his ex.

12
A Note From Heartbreak Hotel
Pintrest

I’m checking out of the Heartbreak Hotel, and the view was nice. It's just not the place for me anymore. Especially after an ex threatens you because you didn't send their stuff to them when it's not your responsibility. Especially when they used you, and then stomped all over your heart.

That’s the type of ex you don’t take back. And, it helps when your friends and colleagues rally around you, showing you how much they care and respect you. It makes the healing process go faster, and it hurts less. And, I owe them all great big hugs and thank yous.

Now, it’s time to focus on me and enjoy life until the person I’m meant to be with comes along. I’m told I’ll recognize her by her smile, according to a friend of mine. Right now, I just want to enjoy life. After healing, I feel refreshed. Although I’m still a bit mad.

I don’t know if my ex ever loved me. I have my doubts. From what I hear, she was two different people. The one from where she was, and the one when she was here with me. She had a chance to come back into my life, but she went and threw it all away. Now, the only way she comes back into my life is with a cop to get her stuff.

I don’t need to be worried about if she’s going to be here one day, then be gone the next. Or worry if she’s going to be good one day, then try to have me locked up or kicked out the next. Not to mention saying things behind my back like she did to everyone else. Never mind her flipping out because I give hugs to people, even if they’re an ex.

I just don’t need that type of negativity or uncertainty in my life. I need to be free to be me. So, I’m a hugger. That’s one thing I’ll always be. Also, I genuinely get along better with women than men, and that’s one thing someone coming into my life must understand. They need to trust me completely.

I admit, it was nice having her run my house. But as I thought about it, I realized it’s because the house is too big for me. I need a smaller place to be. I need to be more effective as a partner when it comes to running it. And, yes, even then I might be more of a supportive person, even though I’d be more equal in that still. Since part of it’s that I’ve grown up around strong women that ran a house and did what they wanted to. It does leave an impression on one.

I need someone to engage with my providers as well, which she wasn’t. That should’ve been my first red flag. Oh, how love blinds one at times. Still, you learn from it every time. I’ll get it right eventually. I’ll have what’s best for me as well. I know I’m being guided and prepared for it.

But, sweetheart, you had it all. A great family, a great support system, and a man that loved you and was working on himself and trying to do right by you. You threw it all away. You’re a fool in my book. It was only going to get better as time went on. Then, you go and threaten me, giving me legal green lights as if trying to intimidate me into doing your bidding. Even with me letting you keep an expensive phone that I’ve had to pay off. Well, go ahead. Get yourself into a ton of legal trouble with no skin off my back. Oh, wait, I’m supposed to be scared, right? Sorry, not happening. I know I’m in the right. All you did is make me mad, get up off my butt and stand tall again.

I told you before I don’t run. Deal with it. Now, wait for your letter, then decide what to come do. Then, get out of my life. Have a nice life, see ya. *Tips his hat and walks out the door*.