This Winter Baby Is NOT Ready For Summer

I was born in mid-winter. This may or may not have something to do with my love for the cold, the dark, and the snow. I do NOT like heat. The sun can be too much for me sometimes and humidity is the worst.

Although summer brings beautiful things like beach days, time off from school (if you follow a traditional school schedule and don't take summer classes), and the option to wear dresses and rompers without freezing, summer is also a mixture of many things I hate.

Heat and I do not get along. There's only so much you can do when you get hot (as I like to say, you can always put more layers on, but there's only so much you can take off). Largely because of this, I would MUCH rather be cold than hot. But also, I just can't breathe hot air. I was in a sauna once and I could only stand it for a literal minute because then I couldn't breathe.

It is scientifically proven that cooler temperatures are optimal for sleeping. Therefore, sleeping in the summertime sucks if you don't have a fan or air conditioning, but least there's a cool breeze at night sometimes. I have a hard time falling asleep when I'm too hot.

There's so much I could say about bugs too. I realized that another huge reason I love winter is that there are little to no bugs! But summer? That's when they all come out to play. Mosquitoes, bees, flies, literally anything I could think of right now. They invade our homes and torment us, but it's part of life.

I like winter because I can shave whenever I feel like it, or not shave if I don't feel like it. And I could do that in summer too, but I feel weird having my legs out if they're too hairy, not to mention that adds ANOTHER layer to suffocate my body (yes, I'm being dramatic).

Despite my hatred for parts of summer, I'm actually really looking forward to this one. It's my last summer before (hopefully) having a real job after completing my last year of college. I'm going to two concerts in mid-to-late June. I'm meeting someone in person for the first time that I've known for a little while. Plus, lots of things are in the works that just aren't set in stone.

It's easy to see the negatives in a situation, but it makes me feel better to focus on the positives.