To The College Girls Who Don't Go To College Parties

To The College Girls Who Aren’t Crazy Partiers, Don't Worry, You're Still A Fun Person

It is totally OK to not be into the whole party scene, this does not mean you aren't fun.

7486

Dear lovely ladies that don't find jumping up and down in a sweaty frat as enjoyable,

For the longest time, I thought that because I didn't LOVE going out I was lame or just not fun but this isn't the truth. I love to dance with my friends, and I'm always down for a good time. Maybe I just physically do not like the feeling of being drunk. It took me a while to come to terms with this, but now I know. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you aren't a huge partier:

1. If you do go out, it's all about who you go with. 

Find those girls or guys that you have fun around! Don't force yourself to go out with a crowd you aren't comfortable with. It's hard to have fun, dance and be yourself around people with whom you have to act like someone else and put on the 'fun' show.

2. You do not have to drink to have a good time. 

God no. Do whatever YOU are comfortable with not what everyone else is. You can go out and not drink and still have an amazing night.

3. There's a lot more to do with friends besides partying. 

Go out but NOT to a party. See a movie, go shopping, explore. There's so much out there to see, and if you've already tried the party scene out and it's not your thing there is so much left for you. You don't have to keep yourself cooped up in a party because everyone else is.

4. There are other people who feel the same way. 

For sure. A lot of people do go through a stage where going out and partying is the best thing out there, and you may have that stage at some time too. However, there are so many people that don't see that place as a place for them at this moment either. Find organizations that interest you on campus, be friendly to people in your classes and get involved. You will find people with the same interests as you!

5. You are not boring.

To me the most important thing to remember is that you are not boring, lame, or no fun! You do not have to love college parties to be a fun person! There's so much more to life than that, and you'll find the people who feel the same way as you.

It's true that there is a big party scene in many colleges, but that is definitely not what college is all about. You will try new things, meet new people and learn things about yourself that you never knew. Once you've tried the scene out and know that it's not for you don't force yourself. Don't worry about what people think because your true friends won't judge you. College is a time to find yourself. Don't waste it doing something you don't enjoy.